SperkleMedia Coordinator & Highlander League Admin
- Left Musos Deluxe on Sat Sep 23 16:27:54 2023
- Joined Musos Deluxe on Sun Mar 5 15:28:35 2023
- Left rascals on Mon Oct 24 22:13:43 2022
- Joined rascals on Sun May 29 18:50:57 2022
- Left du u kno de wae on Sun Mar 13 23:40:34 2022
- Left The badmen on Sun Mar 13 23:40:33 2022
- Left Grandpa In My Pocket on Sun Mar 13 23:40:32 2022
- Left eat ur bread on Fri May 11 17:41:59 2018
- Joined eat ur bread on Sat Apr 7 09:47:10 2018
- Joined The badmen on Wed Jan 24 13:18:12 2018
- Joined du u kno de wae on Thu Jan 11 15:23:38 2018
- Left TF2Frags.net on Thu Oct 19 21:50:08 2017
- Left missclick on Sat Jul 1 15:06:30 2017
- Joined TF2Frags.net on Sat May 13 21:50:29 2017
- Left Phoen on Tue Feb 21 18:52:57 2017
- Joined missclick on Tue Feb 21 18:52:49 2017
- Left I<3Badgers on Thu Feb 2 18:10:23 2017
- Joined Phoen on Thu Feb 2 16:55:19 2017
- Joined Grandpa In My Pocket on Fri Dec 16 21:29:35 2016
- Joined I<3Badgers on Mon Dec 5 18:35:53 2016
Sperkle has played in 9 leagues:
ozfortress Highlander Season 4
- Joined Musos Deluxe in Premier on Mon Jun 5 15:50:04 2023
- Joined rasgals in Premier on Thu Jun 2 17:11:38 2022
- Left eat ur veges in Open on Fri May 11 17:23:33 2018
- Joined eat ur veges in Open on Thu May 3 21:08:59 2018
- Joined The BadMen in Open on Thu Jan 25 16:46:26 2018
- Joined du u kno de wae in Open on Thu Jan 11 18:14:23 2018
- Left How I learned to stop worrying and love the ping in Intermediate on Fri Oct 6 10:05:11 2017
- Joined How I learned to stop worrying and love the ping in Intermediate on Fri Aug 25 18:13:41 2017
- Joined Help I'm Lagging in Open on Sat May 13 21:52:03 2017
- Joined missclick in Open on Fri Feb 24 00:10:08 2017
- Joined Grandpa In My Pocket in Open on Fri Dec 16 22:12:17 2016
AMENDED FINAL PLACEMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Hello again everyone. Over the past 24 hours we have received several messages from players noting their concerns about our previous post featuring the Seedings and Player Restrictions for the Spring 2023 Season of ozfortress Highlander. In response to this our staff went back to review our work, considered the issues raised by you and began reworking our initial placements and restrictions.
Players came to us with concerns about the four divisions of four teams with players mentioning how the Main division looked unbalanced, with the the 1st and 2nd seeded teams being vastly greater in skill compared to the 3rd and 4th seeded team. In response to this we have decided to split this division up, meaning that the 1st and 2nd seeded Main teams have been pushed up to 5th and 6th seed in the Intermediate division while the 3rd and 4th seeded teams of the Main division have been placed down as the new 1st and 2nd seeds of the Open division. If it wasn't already clear, this means the Main division has been retired for this season.
With all of this in mind, now Intermediate and Open have six teams in their division. Furthermore, this means that Intermediate and Open will no longer have match repeats in their regular season and will play all teams in the division once. On the other hand, the Premier division will continue to have match repeats with each team playing one another twice in the regular season. To cater to the different season lengths across the divisions, we have adjusted the order of the Map Pool to ensure all teams play all the featured maps in the regular season, whilst also ensuring teams in Premier do not face each-other on the same maps twice. Intermediate and Open will play from Rounds 1 through to 5, while Premier will play from Rounds 1 through to 6.
We have also adjusted Player Restrictions across both the newly formed Intermediate and Open divisions to ensure the fairest competition across the board. Below the new seedings you can find a list of the amendments we have made to the restrictions or you can locate the full list on our league page.
Thank you all for your patience. We intend to generate matches tonight so keep your eyes pealed. If you have anymore concerns or questions, feel free to reach out via our support channels in our Discord or contact your Division Admin for any match related enquiries.
Bliztank Added restrictions off Demoman & Heavy
Miffy Added restriction off Scout
henwe Added restriction off Spy
omni Added restrictions off Demo & Pyro
homer Removed Soldier restriction
Pipelin12 Added Scout restriction
donna Add Scout restriction
kbn Added restrictions off Soldier, Demoman & Sniper
angus Added restrictions for Heavy & Sniper
eunsoo Removed Soldier restriction
Kitt Removed Sniper restriction
scandalous!!!!!!!! Removed Spy & Engineer restrictions
Avo Added restriction off Sniper
gus Added restriction off Heavy
Uncle Vinnue Added restrictions off Scout and Heavy
Relz Added restriction off Pyro
Annabelle Added restriction off Heavy
bappo Removed Scout & Sniper restrictions
uber_gamer92 Removed Sniper restriction
Inv. Removed Scout restriction
Sassy Removed Demoman & Sniper restrictions
Highlander Spring '23 is here! With matches beginning this week you can find the divisions and the teams competing in them below. You can also view the Player Restrictions now via this nifty hyperlink or through the button at the top of the Highlander Spring '23 league page.
Seedings are listed in order, with all divisions making use of our well received Round Robin repeats system, used in all divisions during the previous season of Highlander. Division Administrators have been updated and can be found on the Division Admins page linked via a button at the top of the league page. Matches will be generated once we feel team's have had enough time to dispute their seedings.
As the first round of matches is set to start tomorrow we aim to generate all rounds for all divisions tomorrow evening. If you need any help organising your first round matches, require extensions or have any other issues or concerns, please visit our Discord's support category.
bob the construction worker
DANDENONG DINGERS ⚾🧢🔴
Where no ability meets no effort
Shark Attack :3
worms on a string
Norb Fortress 2 - Norbheads
Team Name: Musos Deluxe
Best Scout: krollic
Best Soldier: Raelen
Best Pyro: Thyme
Best Demoman: RAZE
Best Heavy: JP
Best Engineer: Sperkle
Best Medic: remorse
Best Sniper: calski
Best Spy: Andyroo
Most Improved Player: krollic
Hard to believe it's been over a year of Highlander - and we're now moving into the fourth set of playoffs for ozfortress Highlander, so a thank you is in order there. We've generated playoff matches, please feel free to reach out to your division administrator with any or all issues, or make use of our Discord support channels.
Your top four teams from each division are below. Keep an eye on our #casts channel in the ozfortress Discord for cast coverage of the playoffs!
Voting Nominations will release at the same time for all divisions was what we said on our Sixes playoff post, however this wasn't entirely inclusive. In an attempt to simplify dates and organising submissions for captains, we will be releasing Voting Nominations, along with setting deadlines for Nominations and later Voting to be the same for both Sixes and Highlander. As always, we will be out and about in captain's messages to get this organised.
All Pick/Ban processes need to be completed at least 24 hours prior to the agreed-upon match day and time. You can find more information about this rule here.
The same person can only be voted for once
It's playoffs time! Congratulations to those who have made it to playoffs for Sixes Premier, Highlander Premier and Highlander Open. Playoffs matches have been generated. Your top four teams from each division are:
- Witness Gaming
- Goon Squad
- red pandas
- THE NASTY NINE
- fuck it we brawl
- MULLET MAFIA
- Morb Fortress 2 - Morbheads
- Goofy Goobers
Nominations for Sixes and Highlander will open when the rest of the divisions reach Playoffs.
Highlander Intermediate Playoffs Clarification
We've received queries surrounding Intermediate Playoffs and how many teams advance through to Playoffs. For Season 3, we are not deviating from our standard Page Playoffs system, meaning four teams will advance into Intermediate Playoffs.
Seedings are listed in the order below. Please note, all divisions will be making use of the Swiss system for Day 1. Day 2 matches are conducted under the Page Playoffs system, with our traditional top four teams from each division competing. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out via #highlander-support.
- Funny Face Team
- D. MAGIBA ESPORTS
- THE NASTY NINE
- Exquizit Baits a Merc
- Significant Otter
- Patent Pending
- fuck it we brawl
- MULLET MAFIA
- Goofy Gooberrs
- Hightower? I hardly know her
- Morb Fortress 2 - Morbheads
For A Midsummer Night's Highlander Cup 2023, we have seen a need to employ Player Class Restrictions to better balance teams throughout each division. You can see these restrictions listed on the cup page, and above each roster on their respective team page.
All group stage matches on Day 1 will be played as best-of-ones with predetermined maps. There will be four matches that will decide the seeding for the playoffs on Day 2. The top four teams from the group stages will go through to the playoffs on Day 2. All playoff matches will be single elimination and best-of-threes with predetermined maps.
Schedule & Format
All group stage matches on Day 1 will be played as best-of-ones with predetermined maps. There will be four matches that will decide the seeding for the playoffs on Day 2. The top four teams from the group stages will go through to the playoffs on Day 2. Page Playoffs will be a single map of pl_cornwater_b8. Both the Semi-Finals and Grand Finals will be best-of-threes with a predetermined map list.
Day 1 - Friday the 3rd of March (Group Stage, BO1)
- 7:00pm - Round 1 (koth_proot_b5b)
- 7:45pm - Round 2 (pl_cornwater_b8b)
- 8:30pm - Round 3 (cp_rapids_a22)
- 9:15pm - Round 4 (koth_ramjam_v2_b3)
Day 2 - Saturday the 4th of March (Playoffs: Page Playoffs matches are BO1, Semi-Finals & Grand Finals are BO3)
All custom maps can be downloaded from our own FastDL site, found here.
We ask that you reach out via our
#highlander-support channel in our Discord server before asking an administrator directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Will there be medals/badges?
- A: Yes, Summer Cup badge models will be used!
- Q2: The other team isn't showing up or responding, what do I do?
- A: If the team is more than five minutes late, contact the tournament admin team to claim a forfeit win. Do not delay as a courtesy to the other team. Delaying could and likely will delay the entire cup.
- Q3: How do I get a server?
- A: See the "Booking an au.serveme.tf server" guide at the top of the cup's page under Helpful Links/Guides.
- Q4: How long can we pause for?
- A: Individual pauses can last no longer than three minutes, or combined no longer than five minutes. You are limited to two pauses per team.
- Q5: What is the maximum amount of players per team?
- A: Team roster limit is set at twelve players per roster.
- Q6: What are the mercenary rules?
- A: Mercenaries need to be approved by an administrator, and should be used sparingly.
- Q7: Are the attack and defend maps (Rapids and Cornwater) to be played as ABBA?
- A: No, to save on time we have opted to not play ABBA in the Day 1 or Day 2 matches.
- During A Midsummer Night's Highlander Cup 2023 we plan on conducting random demo checks to ensure players are recording POV demos. Please ensure that you are recording match demos in order to avoid punishment.
- If you are unsure whether something is considered a game exploit, contact a League Administrator for clarification. Ignorance is not an excuse.
- Please do not delay your match in any way as a courtesy to your opponent. If there is an issue preventing you from sticking to the schedule, please make administrators aware!
salt free not there ?
Fixed now. Thanks for letting us know!