oblaRetired League Director/Head Administrator
ozfortress League Adminstrator
Retired ozfortress League Director
'Please organise this.'
- Joined MSG on Sun Jun 5 17:03:43 2022
- Joined RAC: bomb the medic industry on Sun Jan 16 21:29:47 2022
- Left password: bong on Tue Oct 19 22:22:58 2021
- Joined shoegaze haters on Thu Aug 12 21:24:21 2021
- Joined password: bong on Sun Apr 26 16:05:43 2020
- Joined heck obla's nerd stars on Tue Jan 21 16:22:19 2020
- Joined xeno on Sat Jun 2 22:58:53 2018
- Left +ripe on Sun Jan 14 10:01:04 2018
- Left belluci new year on Sun Jan 14 10:01:03 2018
- Joined +ripe on Sun Jan 14 00:54:14 2018
- Joined belluci new year on Sat Jan 13 23:00:16 2018
- Left Damage, Inc on Mon Jul 31 16:14:52 2017
- Left nature walk on Mon Jul 31 16:14:51 2017
- Left 2-19 and the pencil jumpers on Mon Jul 31 16:14:50 2017
- Joined Damage, Inc on Fri May 26 10:56:55 2017
- Joined 2-19 and the pencil jumpers on Sun Oct 9 20:05:12 2016
- Joined nature walk on Sun Oct 9 20:05:07 2016
- Joined 2-19 and the pencil jumpers on Fri Sep 23 20:16:31 2016
- Left Salt Free Gaming. on Thu Jul 28 18:21:03 2016
- Joined Salt Free Gaming. on Fri Jul 22 17:57:11 2016
- Joined nature walk on Thu Jul 14 18:57:08 2016
obla has played in 10 leagues:
ozfortress Highlander Season 1
- Joined MSG in Premier on Mon Jun 6 19:42:08 2022
- Joined Rac: you are (not) reformed in Intermediate on Sun Jan 23 23:13:19 2022
- Joined shoegaze haters in Division 2 on Thu Aug 12 22:09:58 2021
- Joined password: bong in Ultiduo 14 on Sun Apr 26 16:06:12 2020
- Joined heck obla's nerd stars in Main on Tue Jan 28 17:33:28 2020
- Joined xeno in Premier on Fri Jun 8 20:55:57 2018
- Joined Damage, Inc in Premier on Fri Jun 2 10:11:13 2017
- Joined nature walk in Premier on Fri Feb 10 23:13:26 2017
- Joined 2-19 and the pencil jumpers in Premier on Fri Sep 23 20:19:07 2016
- Joined nature walk in Premier on Thu Jul 14 23:47:48 2016
Cheers for everything buddy, will miss you but best of luck in everything in the future <3
it is easy to say that the jokes wasn't on the community but on catfish
get pranked dude
lmao he basically tries to get banned from every pug server there is and he shit talks legit everyone in mge for no reason idk hes just legit retarded
Reposting an angry post here for the benefit of everyone, with names changed to protect the stupid
AN OPEN LETTER FROM THE ANTICHEAT PANEL
Procedure for catching cheaters:
1) stumble across suspect player
2) obtain stv of said player and review personally or within a small group
3) (ongoing) do not talk about said cheater outside of said group
4) report cheater using AC forum, demos with ticks are the only acceptable format
5) possibly submit new demos as they arise, otherwise, end
What is actually happening:
1) stumble across suspect player
2) whine about it in public or in the game
3) in doing so, tip off the cheater that they've been noticed
4) cheater backs off and begins to learn how to avoid getting caught
5) you done fucked up by now
As to why this was an angry post: people who do the above not only make our job harder, but they let genuine cheaters off the hook by informing them that they are being watched.
Don't worry about the ridiculous amount of hackers happily playing OZF each season. Better ban people for the most trivial shit possible. It's like a fucking primary school.
Idiots like YOU are the reason cheaters are so hard to catch. Speaking for myself and the AC panel, I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK HOW UNHAPPY ABOUT X PERSON CHEATING YOU ARE. I do not care how bad your PUG experiences are, I do not care if you think it is taking too long.
There is no 6) wait for ban thread or to hear back.
Once 4/5 is complete, you are not involved further. Period.
I do not care what moral high ground you may or may not have. I do not care if you like what you are hearing or not.
YOUR INPUT DOES NOT MATTER BEYOND DEMO SUBMISSION. YOU DO NOT MATTER TO THE AC PANEL BEYOND STEP 4 OR SUBSEQUENT SUBMISSIONS. ANY PUBLIC ACCUSATIONS OR BITCHING THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HAMPER AN INVESTIGATION WILL BE MET WITH FORUM AND MATCH BANS. ONE MONTH MINIMUM.
DO NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE YOU SUSPECT OF CHEATING.
In light of this, my contributions to my non-ozfortress commitments will also change.
Conquer Servers as we know it will be closing soon. I may be making arrangements to continue this service but will keep you updated. If it closes, I thank all that have joined over the 4 1/2 years.
PugChamp as we know it will also be closing soon. However, this is just to moving infrastructure and the down time will only be a few days. My role in this will also depreciate to just technical management.
It has been nearly three years since I began managing ozfortress competitions. Over this period of time we've hosted eight seasons of the seasonal league, and many off-season cups. However, that time for me has come to an end, as effective immediately I will be stepping down as ozfortress League Director.
Over the last few months my priorities have changed as my new career kicks off. There was not enough motivation to justify me leading ozfortress, and I believe the community deserves a more dedicated League Director. Therefore, the time has come for me to give others a chance to better the league for the Oceanic community.
Despite this, I am proud of what ozfortress has become over the last three years. We have moved from matches being organised on a forum to a fully fledged tournament system (thanks to /dev/zero). TF2 is no longer played for only half the year, moving to a triannual system to keep up with the international leagues. Servers have also become easier to use, with the Discord booking system replacing the ancient IRC. The Global Whitelist also replaced the restrictive whitelist of seasons past.
Effective immediately, catfish is the new ozfortress League Director. I have full confidence that he will make ozfortress even better than it is today. This decision not a sudden change having been made months prior, and my successor has been briefed to make this a smooth transition. Nevertheless, I will still be advising or administrating where required and requested.
I am eternally grateful for the experiences I was able to gather, but most importantly the people I was able to meet, play and work with. With a grateful heart, I thank the entire community for the encouragement, cooperation and trust you have shown to me over the years. It's been fun hanging out with you all both online and in person. I'd like to thank all the ozfortress administrators both current and past for helping me through all the logistics, as well as those who have ever contributed, is still contributing or will contribute in the future to the competitive TF2 scene. The scene is small and self-driven, and it is those community leaders who keep the scene going forward. My role as League Director may end here but ozfortress and the competitive TF2 community will continue to advance without me.
Congratulations Intermediate winners Salt Free Gaming.
Congratulations to Salt Free Gaming. on winning the OZF 22 Intermediate Grand Final against Active arnold and the Animated Aardvark.
The first map of the series was Granary, where the first round was a feisty fight, lasting close to half the game. The captures went back and forth, until ultimately Salt Free Gaming captured the last point. They carried on the momentum winning three more captures in quick succession, winning the first map 3-0.
Snakewater was the next map, the pick of Active Arnold's. Salt Free Gaming had the early momentum, winning three rounds in a row. Just when the end was bleak, Active Arnold pounced back, gaining three rounds within 8 minutes. With two minutes remaining, Active Arnold were able to push to last, but were unsuccessful in capturing the round, leading to a Golden Cap with a score of 3-3.
With a dominant midfight, Salt Free Gaming were able to gain early aggression in the round, pushing towards last. However, Active Arnold held their defence and eventually claimed back lost ground. Despite this, they were unable to stop a mighty push from Salt Free Gaming and the map ended 4-3.
Thank you to all the players and support staff that helped make this season possible! Stay tuned for off-season cup!
1st - Salt Free Gaming.
2nd - Active arnold and the Animated Aardvark
3rd - quackboys
Champions: Salt Free Gaming.
Best Demoman: antony
Best Medic: Mikcow and fozzlm
Best Pocket: arnold
Best Roamer: /dev/zero
Best Pocket Scout: emgee
Best Flank Scout: greanyo
Best Utility: Ben
Most Improved Player: bitvolt
Most Valuable Player: emgee
Friendliest Team: SUPERFLAT and Plan Z and Salt Free Gaming.
Most Improved Team: Plan Z
Best Dressed Team: Active arnold and the Animated Aardvark and Salt Free Gaming.
Best Caster: xander
Inappropriate Account Usage
The named player has been found using an alternate account to play in the ozfortress league. As such, this player has been banned from ozfortress.com, the community's competitions, and all other ozfortress properties for a period of 6 months, after which time the persons will be on permanent probation. If they are found aliasing during their competition bans, their ban duration will be extended.
Should ANY clans in ANY ozfortress competitions be found housing the listed players, the team will be permanently removed from our competitions and all members involved will face severe penalties.