Showing posts by chonk
Thread: small idea for the site

eyo, Benjamin 'ere.

sleep been outta whack cos of pain, little bit tired so not going to go so in-depth as I normally would.

I've have this idea a long long time, sorta around 2013 ish.

Though I lack the technical know how to put it together, wanted to throw it up for others to chew at.

Essentially, in 2013 when I was grinding hardcore with Ripe in owl10, all of my mentors had a particular way of wanting to push certain points.

I always found this interesting.

Over time, I began to memorise them, it was when tstm was mentoring my team that I realised how much time we were wasting.

So, for the remainder of season.. we practiced even harder... reducing every second wasted, down as far as we could.

Until I could think just fast enough to make calls every second.

Anyway, this isn't important

what is- is the thing for this site.

I thought

Why not have a way for people to see this? like a visual map.

https://imgur.com/a/BTWGzZU

So lets say here

we're 5 up demo med on point holding garage, pocket @ catwalk, scouts holding crates, roamer is up in 3.

The enemy might be down med, we don't know we're they're holding.

What's the obvious direction to push? This is hard for someone who doesn't know.

So obviously the demo should head through garage right, biggest choke to push through, scout can hold passive right on crates, pocket can dip in & out of catwalk 'n' pocket scout can join in clearning garage at a safe distance.

Nice.

Ok so we're in garage now what?

Well

Can confirm where the enemy is right, holding passively back.

Right, we already know their roamer is up and their pocket sacked trying to down our med, so what's the play?*2

This could be another directional input on a visualiser map for users to use, when hovered over it explains the pros / cons .
I hope you can get the idea from this alone, my iboprofen / nurofen combo kickin' in ^_^

If you would like further explanation, please let me know as I know exactly how it should look, just need a visual artist to make it look nice, a coder guy to do the thing with things and uhhh I dunno, volunteer stuff.

Anyway

night guys, take it easy now.

Thread: ozfortress Highlander Season 1 signups now open!

man, HL so underrated.

still remember sperkle teaching me all there was to know like it was yesterday.

idk why it gets such a bad rep, it's good fun.

Thread: ozfortress ban: Shifta

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( very sad

Thread: ozfortress ban: spookC

nice one mitch

Thread: OZF 24 - Voting Nominations

Team Name: +ripe
Division (Premier/Intermediate/Open): inter
Best Pocket Scout: chill aka hazel
Best Flank Scout: stigma
Best Pocket Soldier: bunneez
Best Roaming Soldier: ory
Best Medic: conflux