Welcome back everyone! ozfortress season 20 is upon us, the flagship competitive TF2 event for the Oceanic region returns for the third season of 2017! As usual, the league will be run using the highly successful league system: Citadel. As always, whether you are a hardened veteran of the scene or a newcomer to 6v6 TF2 there will be a place for you in ozfortress season 20 and we hope to see you there!
OZF 20 will feature 3 brackets: Premier, Intermediate and Open. Premier will have a round robin group stage while the lower two brackets will consist of a Swiss group stage. All brackets will continue using the Page Playoffs format as implemented last season.
Grand Finals for Premier shall be played as a no-advantage best of 5, while Open and Intermediate Grand Finals will remain a best of 3. Premier will have 8 teams while Intermediate's bracket size is pending signups. Open will have an unrestricted number of teams.
This season, we also welcome 2 new members to the ozfortress staff, sage and catfish. sage will be managing the Intermediate bracket and catfish will be administrating the Open bracket, both with the help of existing staff. wiggin will also be transferring to an advisory role due to external commitments. Lastly, yauch will be stepping down from the ozfortress admin team. We thank him for his past efforts and wish him well in the future.
In Citadel, Captains can create Teams using the "Start Team" button on the Teams page. Once created, Captains can invite players to the Team. Team invites are shown on a player's profile, which can be accessed by clicking on your name next to the bell on the top right hand corner of your screen. Teams provide a pool of players that can be signed up for a tournament. Players may be in the pool for multiple teams but only one Roster for any given tournament. Captains may sign up a Roster for tournaments under the League page.
If you are using an existing team, you do not have to recreate your team again! Simply sign up your OZF 20 roster using your existing team.
If you're new and not sure how to get started, don't fret! Check out the #recruitment section of the ozfortress Discord where you can express your interest in joining a team, or peruse potential players to form a team of your own. Teams are normally comprised of 1 Medic, 1 Demoman, 2 Soldiers and 2 Scouts. If you're new to the competitive scene, click here for an introduction to ozfortress!
Please ensure you have enough backups to last the season; teams are allowed a maximum of 10 players rostered for any single tournament.
TFLIVE will once again be returning this season as your number 1 destination for ozfortress coverage. Featuring an experienced lineup of casters and the highest quality TF2 production, TFLIVE is the home of Premier Oceanic TF2 coverage. If you're looking for past matches to get a feel for the game, they can be found on the TFLIVE YouTube. However, the best way to learn the game is usually to just start playing. Whether you're a veteran or new to the scene, get on a team and come play!
You can sign up Wednesday the 16th up until Friday the 25th of August at 11:59 PM, with the season starting on Sunday the 27th of August 2017.
RULE CHANGES, CLARIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
- Infractions will be reintroduced. However, there will be a new infraction system, which will be released when final placements are announced. It will be split into team and individual infractions. Individual infractions will be effective immediately, while team infractions will be enforced from OZF 21.
- Added section on Casted matches by unapproved casting organisations.
- Only one mercenary at any active point of the match, not one mercenary per match. As usual, any mercenary must be approved by the opposing team.
- Mutual forfeits count towards the 2-FFW-removal-from-league count.
- Third party exploits on alternate accounts is prohibited and has now been explicitly stated in the ruleset.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER (THESE ALREADY EXISTED)
- Transfers is three part process! It is not as simple as just inviting a player. You must APPLY for the transfer.
- Deadline for match time to be organised is Sunday 7PM.
- Use the proper map version and remember to exec config! As simple as 'rcon ozf' or 'rcon ozfkoth'.
- No draws on maps (i.e. 3-3 on Granary) - Golden Cap must be played in this situation. However, match draws are accepted (1 map win for each team). The config for Golden Cap is 'rcon golden'.
- If your game is casted, proper aliases are required.
- Post logs and submit/verify scores after each match PLEASE. This applies to both the home and away team.
- Two forfeits and your team will be removed from the league. The season is a short seven weeks and two forfeits is more than reasonable.
Full ruleset here: http://warzone.ozfortress.com/rules
tfw no bagel
i love you obla
liking the map changes
george costanza wrote:
tfw no bagel