Showing posts by krollic
Thread: Announcing ISOLATION DEVASTATION 2020!

wingas rubbish

Thread: ozfortress ban: mayyy

Notice that the overwhelming amount of drama and inflammation surrounding this situation has nothing to do with what was said, or even what this person has said, but instead almost entirely with the manner of which it has been responded to.. and rightfully so; It's extraordinarily misguided and backwards to systematically punish people for any usage of words but it becomes straight up malevolent when you have those who actively wield the unacceptability of language as a weapon to smite those that they don't like. Does anyone here genuinely believe that the people who try and enforce censorship e.g cracking down on terms such as the N word are doing it for the betterment and inclusivity of the plethora of African American Australian players in the Ozfortress Team Fortress 2 community? Or is it more likely that they do it to enforce their ideology of what is and isn't acceptable upon others and to try and crush those who dissent from such tenets?

If you've had any kind of interaction with the type of people I'm talking about you should know that they are some of the most vehemently spiteful around. Despite what they say, their motives do not come from a place of compassion. One particularly sickening shit cunt, for instance, takes it upon himself to scour through my logs, my discord chats, my vods and even has spectated me in mge just to try and get me in trouble with admins. I recently got kicked from the TVLIVE casting team without warning (as decided by Ozfort admins) for making a joke several months ago during a stream of a game that had nothing to do with TF2 in a clip that no longer even exists. "Can't find the clip at the moment thanks to Twitch but it's something we don't want to have lurking around in the background anytime we have you on TFLIVE, so with that I just want to say that we've removed your discord roles and taken you off of our talent list." Does that fact that I actually took casting seriously matter? Nope.

In premier and even high prem Australasian TF2 i.e the representing division of Ozfortress, games are filled with the sort of explicit language that these relatively unknown players are and will be getting infracted for. Oftentimes these things are said (usually over voice chat) with context, irony and humour and are frequently among some of the funniest and most memorable moments that occur. Hardly ever do these sorts of situations involve actual "bigotry" or discrimination and in the rare instances they do, it seldom has anything to do with the swear words used but instead the usage of them i.e context or intent. If these representing players of our community were held to the same standards, I would wager that 80% of prem would be have been banned by now; several of whom would be serving numerous life sentences. Obviously that isn't tenable for the the sake of a league and would never happen, so what's the fair solution?

Stop punishing people for using WORDS. Words are made to be said. Who's the supposed moral authority that gets to decide what you can and can't say anyway? If you're even remotely close to being an adult and are playing a highly competitive video game in which you bludgeon, burn and explode people to death and can't handle hearing language that violates your safe space sensibilities, you're a pathetic pussy who ought to put your hands over your eyes and ears because if you can't deal with it in an online game, I can't imagine how you'd deal with it outside of it.

The irony is that these sorts of rules make people more divisive and less receptive to their supposed intent, as you've clearly seen. Admins get their work cut out for them and anti-admin sentiments grow. Moderator function shouldn't be to protect groups of people from hearing no-no words, it should be to maintain the integrity of the game and protect individuals from actual instances of bullying and harassment.

Thread: Announcing ozfortress season 28!

Looks cool.

I absolutely think Deterministic Fall Damage should be used for the same reasons we have deterministic damage and weapon spread. Inherent randomness detracts from this game.

'reckon the xbow and projectile/teammate fixes would make the game better too but I appreciate you guys are taking it slow and steady

Thread: State v State 2020 - Player Signups

e: im out soz

Thread: Rocket Division win OZF 21 Open!

congrats yauch!!!

Thread: Y U G I B O Y S win OZF 21 Premier!

congrats yauch!!!

Thread: carl libre win OZF 21 Intermediate!

congrats yauch!!!