Showing posts by core
Thread: psychology majors win OZF 29 High!
core League Director

Congratulations High winners psychology majors

Logs

Snakewater - 5 - 0
Product - 3 - 1
Match Thread

Congratulations to psychology majors on winning the OZF 29 High Grand Final against hungry i eat all day.

psychology majors began the Pick/Ban process to the dismay of the administrators by vetoing out Villa (we’re fine ok), with hungry i eat all day opting to remove Process from the process. With the third ban, psychology majors rid themselves of Granary, and hungry i eat all day concluding the Bans by kicking Metalworks out of the pool, a mix of typical and atypical choices amongst finalist teams. psychology majors choice of Snakewater could have been conceived from hungry i eat all day’s record on the map, missing one of their regular season fixtures of the map due to forfeit and losing the map in the week before that, but hungry i eat all day’s recent scrim history on the map looks relatively successful. hungry i eat all day introduced Product into the formula, perhaps due to their successful bout with psychology majors in Week 6 on the map, however, it does call into question why they also opted to ban Process considering in that same week they also took Process from psychology majors. The final map pick would come from psychology majors, bringing out Gullywash as the decider after a decent run on the map during the season.

psychology majors burst into Snakewater with an early and convincing sub-90-second round lead, immediately setting the tone for the rest of the map. But this round trend didn’t end there, psychology majors sprinted into a second middle point win after cleaning up the enemy combo early, but hungry i eat all day found their footing and slowed psychology majors’ pace. After their sprint turned into a light jog, psychology majors took another ten minutes before managing to convert the second round in their favour, concluding the longest round of the series. While psychology majors’ continued their dominating performance on Snakewater, another concerning trend emerged for hungry i eat all day. Every mid-fight from this round onwards would also fall in the favour of psychology majors and every mid hungry i eat all day would lose their medic early, with psychology majors losing their medic once. The remaining sixteen minutes saw further disarray from the side of hungry i eat all day, dropping three more rounds in this time in much the same circumstances, losing Snakewater 5-0 in twenty-eight minutes to psychology majors.

Coming from Snakewater into their own map pick, hungry i eat all day hoped to bring home the bacon with a result similar to their Week 6 official during the regular season, but low on hope from the previous map, this map needed to fall in their favour to continue onto Gullywash. You can probably see there isn’t a fourth paragraph, so let’s continue on with our post-mortem. Both psychology majors and hungry i eat all day came into this set with some underlying issues, but both brought the timer down into a possible round either way. However, while hungry i eat all day had finally come to life in this map it wasn’t enough, psychology majors managed to convert two eerily similar rounds before we saw a round on the board for hungry i eat all day after their first mid-fight win of the match, but it became evident from the mid of the fourth round that we would be seeing a return to normality for psychology majors, and in keeping with their tradition we saw the fourth round converting the map into a win for them, psychology majors finally taking the second map and closing out the series 2-0 to make them your ozfortress season 29 High champions!

Thank you to all the players, support staff, and patrons that helped make this season possible. We'll see you all again very soon!

Placements

1st - psychology majors
2nd - hungry i eat all day
3rd - Grogged

Awards

Best Demoman: BONKITUP123
Best Medic: Michael
Best Pocket: crud
Best Roamer: feggie
Best Combo Scout: sir9 and Bread
Best Flank Scout: DeDstar
Best Utility: Lev

Most Improved Player: tal
Most Valuable Player: JD

Friendliest Team: Burnt Toast Gaming
Most Improved Team: Xbox 360 Voice Chat
Best Dressed Team: Burnt Toast Gaming
Best Caster: quid

Thread: braincels2020 win OZF 28 High!
core League Director

Congratulations High winners braincels2020

Logs

Metalworks - 2 - 1
Snakewater - 3 - 1
Match Thread

Congratulations to braincels2020 on winning the OZF 28 High Grand Final against white noise.

braincels2020 started the Pick/Ban process by getting rid of Prolands, white noise unsurprisingly followed it up by removing Gullywash from the equation. With these two bans continuing their trend of eliminating any potential stalemates, braincels2020 responded with a ban on Logjam which would later be followed up by a ban on Process from white noise, perhaps due to a somewhat tremulous past on the map. With bans out of the way, we saw Metalworks, Snakewater, and then Product picked by braincels2020, white noise and then braincels2020 respectively.

braincels2020 opened Metalworks with a convincing sub-five-minute time for their first round, with their second-round coming within the first ten minutes of the map. While not a blazingly fast time for two rounds, it proved difficult for white noise to bounce back from the strong early presence fronted by braincels2020. With every mid-fight during this map converted by braincels2020 it would take a further fourteen minutes for white noise to see a glimmer of hope, with the coast-to-coast round win coming out of white noise in a staggering fifteen minutes. With this round taking almost twenty-five minutes for white noise to reach, white noise was unable to bring the map into a golden cap after trading both the middle and second points with braincels2020 for the remaining five minutes, leaving the first map 2 - 1 to braincels2020.

Coming into Snakewater, braincels2020 gave no reprieve to white noise after a hard-fought loss on the first map, closing their first two rounds in under four minutes. Not even five minutes in, white noise showed up to what could have been their first impactful mid-fight of the entire match with the Heavy Weapons Guy but in some indescribable confusion their heavy had hit their kill bind and the other team lost a player on the rollout. Moving on from the baffling mid-fight (or lack thereof), white noise closed out their first round of the map within the next three minutes. white noise kicked off the mid-fight of the fourth round with a dominant showing, but that quickly faded over the gruelling near twenty-one minute round, trading point possession with braincels2020 consistently but no one getting truly close to closing out the round. With the map timer about to tick down to only one minute remaining, braincels2020 finally managed to capture the final point and effectively secured their match win 3-1 against white noise, crowning them your OZF 28 High champions!

Thank you to all the players, support staff, and patrons that helped make this season possible. We'll see you all again soon!

Placements

1st - braincels2020
2nd - white noise
3rd - cheesewheel

Awards

Champions: braincels2020
Best Demoman: Bonk
Best Medic: max
Best Pocket: Tesla
Best Roamer: sunbear
Best Pocket Scout: Fez
Best Flank Scout: Bread and zias
Best Utility: Bread

Most Improved Player: zias
Most Valuable Player: Fez

Friendliest Team: Saharan Spies™
Most Improved Team: Saharan Spies™
Best Dressed Team: cheesewheel
Best Caster: BigFellaGoose

Thread: what the fuck am i doing win OZF 27 Intermediate!
core League Director

Congratulations Intermediate winners what the fuck am i doing

Logs

Sunshine - [4 - 3] (1) (2) (GC)
Product - 3 - 0
Match

Congratulations to what the fuck am i doing on winning the OZF 27 Intermediate Grand Final against dream circle jerk.

what the fuck am i doing hit a couple of roadblocks on the way through their season, but coming to their final match, they brought something that dream circle jerk didn’t have, and it showed later in the series. what the fuck am i doing opened the first map with a strong showing, but dream circle jerk quickly responded with an equal showing, uncharacteristic judging by their two prior engagements with this finale opponent. With the first map pick falling to the favoured seed, what the fuck am i doing chose to start the finale off with Sunshine, and opened the set with a convincing midfight win. With what the fuck am i doing taking the first round after a five minute heat, dream circle jerk managed to open the next few rounds with fairly even midfight wins and ended up converting most of their midfight wins into rounds. Bringing the set to 1 - 3, dream circle jerk pulled off an exceptional early lead in the first ten minutes of the match, but what the fuck am i doing managed to claw back control by winning three midfights and converting two more rounds, bringing the score to a tie. While this map was plagued with technical difficulties, both teams had finally made it to the Golden Cap, and concluding a tight set, what the fuck am i doing took the round in just five minutes after taking the middle point.

The next map was Product, picked by dream circle jerk who most likely needed it as a comfort pick after the nail-biter that was Sunshine, but coming into this map they needed a change of mindset and pacing. However, this was only to the advantage of what the fuck am i doing. Leading the first round to a convincing win after the last map would be hard, but what the fuck am i doing not only took the first round after winning the midfight but also managed to convert the second round after losing that midfight, showing their superior adaptability. By taking the third round and the map 3-0, what the fuck am i doing took the series 2 - 0 in part of an impressive 500 DPM performance by Bonk, with them finally winning Intermediate and continuing on their trend of improving placements. With this, they became your ozfortress season 27 Intermediate champions!

Thank you to all the players, support staff and patrons that helped make this season possible. We'll see you all again soon!

Placements

1st - what the fuck am i doing
2nd - dream circle jerk
3rd - DrugLab

Awards

Champions: what the fuck am i doing
Best Demoman: Bonk
Best Medic: Ravu4
Best Pocket: feggie
Best Roamer: seraph
Best Pocket Scout: davi
Best Flank Scout: weaponfire
Best Utility: seraph

Most Improved Player: Daz
Most Valuable Player: Bonk

Friendliest Team: Octowang
Most Improved Team: twig Today
Best Dressed Team: what the fuck am i doing
Best Caster: Elmo.

Thread: OZF 27 - Voting Nominations
core League Director

Team Name: Redstone Engineers
Division (Premier/Intermediate/Main/Open): Main
Best Pocket Scout: Eternal
Best Flank Scout: aino
Best Pocket Soldier: RRLUCKY
Best Roaming Soldier: Mio
Best Medic: core
Best Demoman: shifta
Best Utility: Mio
Most Improved Player: obla

Thread: the nutte sac win OZF 26 Open!
core League Director

Congratulations Open winners the nutte sac

Logs

Logjam - 2 - 1
Snakewater - 5 - 0
Match

Congratulations to the nutte sac on winning the OZF 26 Open Grand Final against Ascension.

The series opened with Logjam, the nutte sac's first pick after opting to ban Process. Every round with a score in this first map didn't last anymore than seven minutes, with the only round lasting longer than this resulting in a stalemate. After the nutte sac took the first round setting a relatively decent pace, Ascension responded with a slightly quicker time, bringing the map to 1 - 1 by the 15 minute mark. With both teams pushing the pace, the nutte sac responded with another similar time for the third round win on Logjam. Following this, the nutte sac opted to play more conservatively, parking the bus for the remainder of the map, knowing the pressure was on for Ascension to make a move. The first map closed with a 2 - 1 result in the favour of the nutte sac.

Sadly, the next and final map in the series was picked by Ascension, opting for a more traditional map which was Snakewater. Coming into this map, Ascension aimed to deliver a stronger performance on their map pick, however the nutte sac took the first mid win, forcing the round to a game of defence for Ascension, who despite all of their disadvantages during the next gruelling 13 minute round, managed to hold the first round for nearly half of the map time. With the nutte sac taking the round, they aimed to bring some momentum from their push into each new round, producing progressively quicker rounds than each round before, keeping Ascension off their feet and unable to respond. After the second round resulting in a four minute time, the spirits of Ascension's players seemed to dim, with each subsequent round being around two minutes long. After the mercy rule presented it self with the nutte sac winning the map 5 - 0, they took the series and became your ozfortress season 26 Open champions!

Thank you to all the players, support staff and patrons that helped make this season possible. We'll see you all again soon!

Placements

1st - the nutte sac
2nd - Ascension
3rd - bruh moment

Awards

Champions: the nutte sac
Best Demoman: <user>
Best Medic: inStinct
Best Pocket: SmokeyZeuz and jarry
Best Roamer: Tank Drop
Best Pocket Scout: fences
Best Flank Scout: lux