Prior to the start of OZF 27, we are implementing several changes to the infraction system and seasonal league ruleset. These changes will be implemented immediately, and all players are expected to follow these changes during OZF 27.
The first major change is the addition of another tier two offence, General bigotry/use of derogatory slurs. We will now be infracting ozfortress players for bigotry and use of slurs. All ozfortress players are representing ozfortress as well as the competitive scene at all times, and we expect players to uphold the values of inclusivity that we represent. The second major change is the adjustment of the point total for a one-year ban. A one-year ban will now be given to a player once they acquire 60 infraction points. This has been brought down from the previous 70. This change has been made in response to the number of two-year bans that were issued in 2019 that were not preceded by a shorter ban. In light of this change, we are also removing the rule that "all Tier 3 infractions will be will be multiplied by the number of times committed". Several other minor changes have been made, see below for the full list of infractions for 2020. These new adjustments will not affect any preexisting bans.
Another significant change we are implementing is a community behaviour submission forum. Much like the Anti-Cheat forum, all future community behaviours submissions will go here rather than directly to administrators. To submit a post, follow the template and submit your report in the correct location. The community behaviour submission forum can be found here.
The new list of infractions can be found below:
Tier 1 Offences - 10 points (6 months expiry)
- Repeated delays in match organisation
- Inappropriate or unrelated posting in match threads
- Excessive trash talk (beyond that which can reasonably be considered banter)
Tiers 2 Offences - 20 points (1 year expiry)
- Any attempt to deceive or mislead administrators
- Any attempt to deceive or mislead players or captains
- Impersonating ozfortress players without permission
- Interference with an ozfortress match
- Discrimination of any kind (Sexism, Racism etc.)
- General bigotry/use of derogatory slurs
Tier 3 Offences - 30 points (2 year expiry)
- Serious or repeated abuse of any kind
- Sharing of sensitive or personal information without permission
- Attempting to impersonate or imply affiliation with members of the ozfortress anti-cheat panel
- Attempting to deceive community members by impersonating a member of ozfortress staff
OZF 27 CHANGES
Failure to submit demos upon request will now initially result in a two-week match suspension for first time offenders. If a player fails to submit demos for a second time, they will receive a two-year ozfortress ban. All players are expected to record demos. Ignorance is not an excuse.
We are also adjusting the pick/ban system for BO3 matches in OZF 27. The new process is as follows:
- The higher seeded or home team will either choose to ban first or defer.
- The first team (determined by the result of step one) will ban a map.
- The second team will ban a map.
- The first team will ban a map.
- The second team will ban a map.
- The first team will select the first map from the remaining pool.
- The second team will select the second map from the remaining pool.
- The first team will select the tiebreaker map from the remaining maps.