Welcome back everyone! We hope you all had a great holiday break and are ready for another year of TF2! The ozfortress seasonal league is returning for the first time in 2019, but this time with a twist. As usual, the league will be run using the highly successful Warzone. Whether you're a hardened veteran of the scene or a newcomer to 6v6 TF2 there will be a place for you in ozfortress season 24 and we hope to see you there!
ozfortress season 24 will see a significant change to the format of maps and rounds for the first time in over five years. For OZF 24, we're expanding the map pool and trailling a new map system that will feature nine maps rather than the usual seven. This will lead to certain maps being played once during the regular season with other maps being played twice. The maps we'll be adding into the map pool are cp_metalworks and cp_granary. cp_granary will be returning to the map pool after a season-long absence while cp_metalworks will now feature in the ozfortress seasonal league after an exciting return to ozfortress in A Midsummer Night's Cup 2019 #1!
Note: We will be using cp_logjam_rc10a once it has been released.
OZF 24 will feature 3 brackets: Premier, Intermediate and Open. Premier will have a round robin group stage while the lower two brackets will consist of a Swiss group stage. All brackets will continue using the Page Playoffs format. Grand Finals for Premier shall be played as a no-advantage best of 5, while Open and Intermediate Grand Finals will be a best of 3. Premier will have 8 teams while Intermediate's bracket size is pending signups. Open will have an unrestricted number of teams.
During OZF 24 we plan on conducting random demo checks to ensure players are recording demos. Please ensure that you are recording match demos in order to avoid punishment.
For those who missed the announcement, we have also welcomed arnold to the ozfortress administration team. He will be administrating Open along with Fozzlm.
All server booking will continue to be done through ozfortress discord. Simply join the #bookings channel in the ozfortress Discord and type /book and details of your server booking will be PM'd to you. To view more commands, type /help in the #bookings channel.
In Citadel, Captains can create Teams using the "Start Team" button on the Teams page. Once created, Captains can invite players to the Team. Team invites are shown on a player's profile, which can be accessed by clicking on your name next to the bell on the top right hand corner of your screen. Teams provide a pool of players that can be signed up for a tournament. Players may be in the pool for multiple teams but only one Roster for any given tournament. Captains may sign up a Roster for tournaments under the League page.
If you're new and not sure how to get started, don't fret! Check out the #recruitment section of the ozfortress Discord where you can express your interest in joining a team, or peruse potential players to form a team of your own. Teams are normally comprised of 1 Medic, 1 Demoman, 2 Soldiers and 2 Scouts. If you're new to the competitive scene, click here for an introduction to ozfortress!
Please ensure you have enough backups to last the season; teams are allowed a maximum of 10 players rostered for any single tournament.
With a host of experienced casters and expert producers, TFLIVE remains your number 1 destination for ozfortress coverage. Catch live coverage on the TFLIVE Twitch channel and find VODs of previous games on the TFLIVE YouTube.
You can sign up for ozfortress season 24 from Monday the 21st of January up until Thursday the 31st of January. We aim to have seeding out by the 2nd with the season starting on the 3rd, however this is subject to change. This gap between the closing of signups and the start of the season is to give the administration team more time to seed. ozfortress season 24 will begin on Sunday the 3rd of February.
RULE CHANGES, CLARIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
- This season admins will be conducting random demo checks. ALL PLAYERS MUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE RECORDING DEMOS, IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
- Added: The Pyro class limit has been changed to one.
- Added: The punishment for disbanding a team is now a tier two infraction. This has been adjusted from the previous punishment which was a captaincy ban (Note: captaincy bans will still be used at admin discretion).
- Added: Mercenary blackmailing in now an infractable offense. For more information on what this entails, visit the Rules page.
- Added: Along with official match days, there are now official match times. These times are 8 & 9 PM Sydney/Melbourne time (AEST/AEDT). Teams that can make these times will be looked upon more favourably than teams who can not.
- The warning for tier one infractions has been removed.
- The punishment for accumulating 40 infraction points is now a three-week match ban. This ban carries over until the start of the next event if received during the offseason. This is replacing the previous six-month community ban.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER (THESE ALREADY EXISTED)
- Transfers are a three part process! It is not as simple as just inviting a player. You must APPLY for the transfer. For information on how to do that, click here.
- Deadline for match time to be organised is Sunday 7PM.
- Use the proper map version and remember to exec config! As simple as 'rcon ozf' or 'rcon ozfkoth'.
- No draws on maps (i.e. 3-3 on Process) - Golden Cap must be played in this situation. However, match draws are accepted (1 map win for each team). The config for Golden Cap is 'rcon golden'.
- If your game is casted by an approved casting organisation, proper aliases are required. There are now infractions for disobeying this rule.
- Post logs and submit/verify scores after each match. This applies to both the home and away team.
- Two forfeits and your team will be removed from the league. The season is a short seven weeks and two forfeits is more than reasonable.
Full ruleset here: http://warzone.ozfortress.com/rules
Thank you catfish, very cool!
"mple as 'rcon ozf' or 'rcon ozfkoth'.No draws on maps (i.e. 3-3 on Process) - Golden Cap must be played in this situation. However, match draws are accepted (1 map win for each team). The config for Golden Cap is 'rcon golden'If your game is casted by an approved casting organisation, proper aliases are required. There are now infractions for disobeying this rule.Post logs and submit/verify scores after each match. This applies to b"
what this are mean
Can someone give me a concrete reason why the Dragons Fury deserves to stay banned? It's unbanned in ESEA afaik.
no pyros allowed