?

Old 13-06-2016, 13:22
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
Paulsenloiters Paulsen is offline aka Robert Paulsen
Help an Australian Team Fortress 2 team go to i58!

Donate money by clicking here

Donate items by clicking here

Update 17/6: Some of our team members have recently received some private funding from our parents/friends to be used purely for the trip. This means we're able to reduce our required goal!

I have updated the cost breakdown on the campaign to reflect this. With that being said, our new minimum goal to guarantee the team's attendance is now $5160 USD.

Unfortunately, Indiegogo doesn't let you change your campaign's goal after it has gone live so I will manually update this message if any more money is received in the future

Update 4/7: More money has been received privately and so the goal can once again be reduced;

New minimum Goal: $5000 USD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

In case you didn’t catch the awards show last week on TFLIVE, Jasmine Tea has confirmed that we are intending on going to i58! This is particularly exciting as the last time an Australian team went to an i-Series was almost 2 years ago at i52, so it’s been a long time coming that we had a team represent the country overseas.

Who would attend?

The team we intend to take to i58 is the same one that has been dominant in the Australian scene the past few years and the winner of numerous competitions. Specifically, the roster we are hoping to take is the same that won the recent ozfortress Season 15 but with one small change. Unfortunately, one of our core scouts, Elmo, cannot get out of his university commitments during the event and consequently he will not be able to attend. In his place we are recruiting another Australian scout superstar, Yui, whom some are calling the “next sheep” and for good reason. He recently asserted his dominance in the latest season, winning the award for Best Utility (basically best sniper) and being a hot contestant for the Best Scout award as well. Given the circumstances, Yui was the obvious choice to replace our monotone flank scout.

That being said, the current roster of Jasmine Tea and the roster hoping to attend i58 is the following:

Medic: Dave
Pocket Soldier: Geoh
Roaming Soldier: Zaka
Demoman: Paulsen
Scout: Madness
Scout: Yui

All players on the current roster have won numerous awards for best in class and MVP over the seasons, with every single member taking each of their respective best in class awards in the latest ozfortress Season 15.

Placements
1st - Jasmine
2nd - ego
3rd - Home Alone

Awards
Champions: Jasmine
Best Demoman: Paulsen
Best Medic: Dave
Best Pocket: Geoh
Best Roamer: Zaka
Best Scout: Elmo
Best Utility: Yui

Because of this, we believe this to be the best combination of players possible to challenge Europe and North America, but more importantly, provide some of the most entertaining and captivating TF2 for spectators and players alike!

Our Goal

Unfortunately, there is significant financial cost sending 6 players half way around the world, and while each of us is willing to contribute, we can’t do it alone. In addition to paying for all necessary living expenses (travel costs, food, etc.), each team member will be chipping in approximately $1250 USD for the trip (which includes their share of the ozfortress Season 15 prizepool).

Taking this into account, we are hoping to raise the minimum amount required to cover the remainder of the costs for the essential expenses such as flights, accommodation and PC hire. This equates to roughly $6300 USD (a detailed breakdown of these costs can be found here). However, a minimum goal of $5600 USD has been chosen as the absolute minimum funds required to guarantee the team's attendance at i58.

In return for any kind donations, we've already prepared a range of perks which are listed on the campaign. Additionally, we are in the midst of discussing various community stretch goals (we are open to suggestions!) such as international show matches, pub vs. pros and getting Elmo to solo cast a game. These will be carried out when specific amounts have been raised.

As this is a flexible funded endeavour, if the $5600 minimum isn’t met then any money donated will be given back to the TF2 community, such as funding the North American teams' travel expenses to the event or providing additional funding for future competitive TF2 prize pools.

If the minimum goal is reached however, we will be attending i58 with the hopes of recapturing the awesome spectacle of having the best teams from the three largest communities on the planet compete on the biggest stage in competitive TF2!

Summary

It’s not often we get to see the level of skill and calibre of games the i-Series events have consistently provided over the years. Because of this, we have every intention of representing the Australian/New Zealand communities to the best of our ability. While taking the world title is a significant goal of ours, our main ambition is to provide the community with some of the most unforgettable TF2 to watch and to help our game grow into something that it should have been years ago. This is why we want to go and hope you will help us get there! All donations are immensely helpful and greatly appreciated but if you can’t donate, then just spread the word! Help us get to i58 and broaden the scope of this international competition once again!
Last edited by Paulsen; 23-07-2016 at 18:10.
Old 13-06-2016, 14:22
New South Wales
107 Posts
Steam Profile
solace'mate solace' is offline aka aka, leos
Any chance of something similar being posted to TF2.TV?

GL at the i-series gents, make us proud.
Old 13-06-2016, 18:48
Australia
1,743 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
fanatical.bvz fanatical is offline aka Sigmae, zire, Dyse, zxcv
Good luck, won't be donating due to Team immunity scamming the community and not following through with the perks last time. If you wanna donate for pure love for the game go ahead, but let's hope they follow through on perks. People need to be aware that when you donate to these type of things there is no gaurentee that they will follow through on any, nor do they need to.
Last edited by fanatical; 13-06-2016 at 18:49.
Old 13-06-2016, 19:24
New South Wales
107 Posts
Steam Profile
solace'mate solace' is offline aka aka, leos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatical View Post
Good luck, won't be donating due to Team immunity scamming the community and not following through with the perks last time. If you wanna donate for pure love for the game go ahead, but let's hope they follow through on perks. People need to be aware that when you donate to these type of things there is no gaurentee that they will follow through on any, nor do they need to.
was that an actual thing?

tbf i can't comment on immunity but that seems a bit off par for the personalities of jasmine.
Old 13-06-2016, 19:26
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatical View Post
This is a fair point actually.

However, if it's worth anything to the community, you have my word that we discussed at length for several days about what/how many perks and stretch goals we should do. In the end, everything listed on the campaign was decided to be entirely feasible so I can assure everyone that we are fully committed to following through with all of them.
Old 13-06-2016, 21:24
Canberra
818 Posts
Steam Profile
Bunneezis.ripe Bunneez is offline aka Evil-bunneez
if i donnate $100 for mentoring can i change it to overwatch mentoring
Old 13-06-2016, 21:38
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneez View Post
if i donnate $100 for mentoring can i change it to overwatch mentoring
If you actually donate $100, not only will Elmo do this but he promises to mentor you thoroughly in the bedroom too....
Old 13-06-2016, 21:48
Canberra
818 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulsen View Post
If you actually donate $100, not only will Elmo do this but he promises to mentor you thoroughly in the bedroom too....
Sounds great. will donate on pay day ^^
Old 13-06-2016, 23:31
Adelaide
605 Posts
Steam Profile
League Admin
I will have my two cents and say based on my limited experience with this group and Paulsen in particular that all perks will be fulfilled asap. I dont mean to talk down on iM but I feel this group is still committed and passionate while iM was coming to an end when they went.

Just my opinion though, good luck and have fun eh
Old 13-06-2016, 23:51
Queensland
23 Years Old
367 Posts
Steam Profile
Big DAAAAAAAAVE
Old 14-06-2016, 13:06
Australia
1,753 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
racSmithsonian Smithsonian is offline aka Smithsonian, Smashsonian
Really keen for this honestly, will donate eventually when I have my own funds in order. Super hype for i58 fuark
Last edited by Smithsonian; 14-06-2016 at 13:55.
Old 14-06-2016, 16:22
Australia
1,743 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
fanatical.bvz fanatical is offline aka Sigmae, zire, Dyse, zxcv
because my last post got infracted for no reason, i'd like you wish you good luck in your adventure and will be supporting you in other areas. i just want to see geoh at lan call everyone nerds.
Last edited by fanatical; 14-06-2016 at 16:24.
Old 14-06-2016, 19:41
New Zealand
198 Posts
Steam Profile
I most likely won't be donating since I already donated to the OZF prizepool but I just wanted to say that it looks like a lot of people are not donating through the "Get This Perk" button and missing out on potential perks?

Might want to follow people up on this because I'm not sure how many realise you need to donate through the perk button to "sign up" for the perks

P.S 1.5k in 24 hours is p damn impressive from this community
Last edited by Mio; 14-06-2016 at 19:42.
Old 14-06-2016, 22:40
Perth
36 Posts
Steam Profile
oi paulsen i've got a half eaten chicken parma in the fridge, could i send it in as a donation or what do ya reckon? lmk.
Old 15-06-2016, 08:48
Australia
65 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
oi paulsen i've got a half eaten chicken parma in the fridge, could i send it in as a donation or what do ya reckon? lmk.
What kind of person only eats half a chicken parma? You need to go re-evaluate your life choices mate.
Old 15-06-2016, 12:50
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
You're offering free chicken parma??? Your loss. Fuck sending it in as a donation, give it to me now.
Old 15-06-2016, 13:54
Australia
164 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
(_)>Geoh. Geoh is offline aka Geo01
Elmo is gay with Paulsen, so please donate for a gay leaked lan video in the toilets of them two!!
Last edited by Geoh; 15-06-2016 at 15:10.
Old 15-06-2016, 15:01
Australia
4,498 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
ozfortressferelah ferelah is offline aka Feresar
League Admin
if I donate $600 and choose to make your whole team pub for an hour, do I get to choose the class and server?
Old 15-06-2016, 15:08
Canberra
818 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferelah View Post
if I donate $600 and choose to make your whole team pub for an hour, do I get to choose the class and server?
cast game plz
Old 15-06-2016, 15:22
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferelah View Post
If you donate $600, you basically own us for life as far as I'm concerned
Old 15-06-2016, 16:16
Auckland
24 Years Old
2,866 Posts
Steam Profile
ozfortressKenneth Kenneth is offline aka TheGooglePlex, AndKenneth
League Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulsen View Post
If you donate $600, you basically own us for life as far as I'm concerned
This is a very dangerous statement.
Old 15-06-2016, 16:35
Melbourne
26 Years Old
355 Posts
Steam Profile
Good luck boiz. Will be chucking another 50 your way.
Old 15-06-2016, 23:02
Sydney
21 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoh View Post
Elmo is gay with Paulsen, so please donate for a gay leaked lan video in the toilets of them two!!
ill donate if you upload videos of you staunching people and representing the typical aussie lad mate
Old 16-06-2016, 10:29
Perth
25 Years Old
69 Posts
Steam Profile
muppet90 muppet is offline aka bnwmuppet, el mupito
Quote:
Originally Posted by laan View Post
ill donate if you upload videos of you staunching people and representing the typical aussie lad mate
keen for this
Old 16-06-2016, 10:36
Brisbane
377 Posts
Steam Profile
Nobel_Snazzy| scrap.tf Snazzy is offline aka snazzy, splinter, coach
should be copping some contract work shortly

ill see what i can send your way lads
Old 16-06-2016, 20:43
Wollongong
514 Posts
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
iMaporiaintel aporia is offline aka Pookie
Past/Current All-Australian
good luck guys! its an awesome experience
Old 16-06-2016, 22:20
Melbourne
201 Posts
Steam Profile
ckmm.tbz ckmm is offline aka .ckm
Can't wait to see you lads there!

Any chances of you guys doing some update vids/ vlog stuff? Would be keen to see that.
Old 16-06-2016, 23:07
Melbourne
525 Posts
Steam Profile
Thev4naGoose v4na is offline aka ☆Seadra☆, Kgd, Vanadium, Vana, Vana.
woooo go dave!!
Old 16-06-2016, 23:47
Australia
634 Posts
Steam Profile
svzaka zaka is offline aka a pudddy cat, Pudddy, Puddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmm View Post
Can't wait to see you lads there!

Any chances of you guys doing some update vids/ vlog stuff? Would be keen to see that.
Yeah old mate Scotty (Paulsen) demanded to do the teams vlogs, he is very excited about this.
Old 17-06-2016, 03:25
Australia
179 Posts
Steam Profile
Looking for new roamer, pm me
Last edited by Paulsen; 17-06-2016 at 03:26.