Old 1-09-2009, 22:07
Sydney
386 Posts
Steam Profile
Past/Current All-Australian
Granary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i_z0JVLeLY

Badlands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXSlBzQBZ8

I'm sure they could be done slightly better, just did this as quick as possible

The freeze time jumps are not included, but for badlands you want to do one to the door, and on gran do one that lands you right on top of the resupply (this might take a bit of practice)

Updating post with second post I made further down:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakuraku View Post
I dont play demoman but Im curious to know if its worth on granary (your 2nd rollout) doing a lite sticky jump from that small health @ 0:43 back in garage to the top of the ramps to cut a few seconds off.
IMO:

As far as timing goes especially fast soldiers will get there as you pop out and throw a sticky on the crate regardless, so there is not a huge amount to be gained.

Also the sacrificing of health can make you fairly vulnerable if they start showing you serious attention up there as often happens (accidentally taking a 25-30 dmg rocket for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcraftman View Post
That third jump on badlands, The one off the side wall, any tips for it? I keep having to Drop down and go off the back wall.
It's definitely one that requires a bit of practice. It's a little hard for me to articulate, so I'll explain as best I can: Throw the sticky as low as you can as shown, I jump out onto the sticky and detonate as I know I'm over it. You have to hug the left to an extent before jumping. As said by someone else though you don't have to jump, it can be done by just falling out, jumping out just works for me.

Just go in a home server and type sv_cheats 1 in console, then hurtme -999999 to give yourself unlimited hp, then practice practice practice! Just try to visualise where your sticky is on the wall and detonate at the right time, it obviously takes a bit of practice to get the timing right.

Problems I think most people have is they either detonate too late or too early. There's a certain amount of delay you want to have before detonating so you don't go too high or fuck it up, as said just takes practice. Also air control, strafing in the air (never hold W whilst in the air!!!) to land nicely at the end of the bridge, etc.

It used to be a bitch doing that jump when people could move you off your stickies (so much so that i would just drop down then jump if someone was close), thankfully now that that is changed it can be done everytime once you get it down pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
awesome, thanks.
Landing on the train is bloody hard after the double jump, i seem to hit the stairs every time.
With the outside jump and landing further forward, you want to be swinging back around from the left (much like an f1 racer approaching a corner ) as shown, so you have enough height and room to air strafe to the right. Takes a bit of practice as far as not clipping the house while strafing back round.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Nerfed; 1-09-2009 at 23:46.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:14
Australia
10,728 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
that first jump out of badlands spawn is awesome
73% of the population were involved in some form of recall stabilisation program, to compensate for unquantifiable consciousness anomalies. Unlike most people, he knew exactly where he'd find the answers.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:16
New South Wales
135 Posts
Steam Profile
choatis choatis is offline aka Choatis
the double sticky jump on badlands is a beauty too
Old 1-09-2009, 22:21
Perth
1,248 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranSteam Profile
Fathas the fever Fat is offline aka fatcraftman
That third jump on badlands, The one off the side wall, any tips for it? I keep having to Drop down and go off the back wall.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:23
Sydney
1,680 Posts
Team Blue VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
shockfights for BLU shock is offline aka Aftershock
awesome, thanks.
Landing on the train is bloody hard after the double jump, i seem to hit the stairs every time.

And the last window jump is haaard...
Old 1-09-2009, 22:23
Australia
1,932 Posts
Steam Profile
b/rhyz rhyz is offline aka RAZoR, razor
nice jumps nerfed, i just need to wrk on the stairway jump on badlands
Old 1-09-2009, 22:25
Auckland
1,641 Posts
Steam Profile
cc//shooting shooting is offline aka shootmyself, shooting, rexHUNTfishingHUNT, rakuraku
Awesome rollouts man. These videos show that youre a good demoman without even having to see you kill anything.

I dont play demoman but Im curious to know if its worth on granary (your 2nd rollout) doing a lite sticky jump from that small health @ 0:43 back in garage to the top of the ramps to cut a few seconds off.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:32
New South Wales
135 Posts
Steam Profile
choatis choatis is offline aka Choatis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcraftman View Post
When i saw this in a demo of dummy a while ago i had a lot of trouble trying to master the same jump aswell. You need to be able to have your sticky a fair way down the wall so you can fall onto it and past it. You don't need to jump out of that little hole to get to the sticky. Once you're almost directly on top of it, detonate and it should propel you onto the bridge.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:40
Sydney
1,680 Posts
Team Blue VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
shockfights for BLU shock is offline aka Aftershock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakuraku View Post
Awesome rollouts man. These videos show that youre a good demoman without even having to see you kill anything.

Just guessing here, but the loss in health is probrably not worth it. If you're going to spend that health on a sticky jump it's probrably better to use it to get you into a more advantageous position, like on top of the enemy crate. (super aggressive, i know). Just my thoughts, i'm interested to hear nerfeds.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:44
Australia
31 Years Old
14,626 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranTeam Red VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
Retired Administrator
very smooth granary rollout. i might try some of those (in regards to nullifying fall damage), i use the same house rollout on badlands jump for jump. i substitute jump 3 (the window) with a dropdown then pipe.

i use to be able to sticky from the window 80% of the time, but then i changed to using cable for gaming (from tpg) meaning my ping went from about 60->5 and i just couldnt seem to pipe from the window anymore.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:44
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
cool. never knew about that 'bop' thing. everything else is pretty standard, gw.
Old 1-09-2009, 22:52
Australia
56 Posts
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
spadebox ♠geist geist is offline aka Warlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by choatis View Post
When i saw this in a demo of dummy a while ago i had a lot of trouble trying to master the same jump aswell. You need to be able to have your sticky a fair way down the wall so you can fall onto it and past it. You don't need to jump out of that little hole to get to the sticky. Once you're almost directly on top of it, detonate and it should propel you onto the bridge.
Yeah, the main thing is that you need to move left onto the sticky, rather than straight out the drop down. Otherwise you're likely going to get propelled to the side or downwards.
Old 1-09-2009, 23:24
Australia
1,287 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranScout MedalPast/Current All-AustralianSteam Profile
impressive
Old 1-09-2009, 23:24
Perth
1,248 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranSteam Profile
Fathas the fever Fat is offline aka fatcraftman
Legend, Thanks for the help, I will return with help If I juts can't seem to get it.
Old 2-09-2009, 00:12
Singapore
782 Posts
Steam Profile
Any reason why the first jump on badlands you do off the ground rather than the wall? Does this reduce fall damage or is it just easier for you to do?
9:15 PM - R♡iden: shitting my pants right now 9:15 PM - R♡iden: your like my idol :|
Old 2-09-2009, 02:37
Sydney
386 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by no0bifier View Post
Any reason why the first jump on badlands you do off the ground rather than the wall? Does this reduce fall damage or is it just easier for you to do?
usually I jump to the door in freeze time then place the sticky a tad ahead of where it is in the video, just habit/easier for me
Old 2-09-2009, 09:00
Australia
7,569 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
:-/ kanyeTryin to make a change :- kanye is offline aka juicycaboose, mirando
Supported Lag Relief '09
Good to know I'm doing the fastest way already, only thing I have trouble with is with the double sticky jump, I haven't been able to make it to the end of the crate like that.
Closest thing to it is a few times I've managed to bop on the corner stairs up onto the end of the crate.

Great work.
Although the text disappears too quickly in your vid, didn't finish it before it started fading :3
Old 2-09-2009, 09:12
Australia
3,795 Posts
QUACK!Past/Current All-AustralianSteam Profile
povohat.au povohat is offline aka povohat, pvh
yeah theres this cool thing at the bottom left of every youtube video called a pause button
Old 2-09-2009, 09:18
Australia
7,569 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
:-/ kanyeTryin to make a change :- kanye is offline aka juicycaboose, mirando
Supported Lag Relief '09
Yeah pvh, I did pause it when I realised it passed too quickly, thanks for the tip, but with an instructional video such as this, you shouldn't have to pause it to read the text, unless you're a slow reader.
Old 2-09-2009, 11:19
Sydney
386 Posts
Steam Profile
Fair criticism, I'll try to add a few more seconds if I do any more of these in the future.

Though I did test read it myself before rendering and I get through it just fine, and I'm not an especially fast reader :P
Old 2-09-2009, 12:13
Australia
24 Years Old
5,347 Posts
QUACK!
yuki.au yuki is offline aka Yuki
I found the easiest way to do window jump on badlands is put the sticky as nerfed described, hug the left, walk over it while holding crouch and detonate. I usually do it without fail.

Good guide nerfed.

EDIT @ shooting: im a pretty bad demoman yet i can do all those rollouts nearly as good as nerfed.
Last edited by yuki; 2-09-2009 at 12:15.
Old 2-09-2009, 15:11
Auckland
1,641 Posts
Steam Profile
cc//shooting shooting is offline aka shootmyself, shooting, rexHUNTfishingHUNT, rakuraku
@ yuki - you're just a quintuple master arent ya lil fulla
Old 3-09-2009, 16:04
Australia
1,012 Posts
Steam Profile
jkfanto fanto is offline aka mith, khako, fanto, ayo, teddy
needin ur hud
Old 3-09-2009, 19:47
Western Australia
28 Years Old
4,309 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
iMseekerintel seeker is offline aka Seeker
http://seeker.spadebox.com/HUD/ and move the health / ammo away from the centre
Old 3-09-2009, 19:56
Australia
24 Years Old
148 Posts
Steam Profile
theCholdewgie Chol is offline aka Cholesterol
cheers
Old 7-09-2009, 18:35
Australia
31 Years Old
14,626 Posts
Retired Administrator
hey nerfed.

i can bop off the stair on badlands no problem, but i cant for the life of me bop the shed in the yard on granary (cp4->3).

do you have any tips on how to accomplish this?
Old 9-09-2009, 12:13
Australia
24 Years Old
5,347 Posts
QUACK!
yuki.au yuki is offline aka Yuki
Same with me OnionS, i found that i do the granary one as a stroke of luck.
Old 9-09-2009, 12:27
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
what are you talking about onions, what bop?
Old 9-09-2009, 15:22
Australia
25 Years Old
287 Posts
Steam Profile
laddergoat laddergoat is offline aka lee, Le Chemin, goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnionS View Post
hey nerfed.

i can bop off the stair on badlands no problem, but i cant for the life of me bop the shed in the yard on granary (cp4->3).

do you have any tips on how to accomplish this?
practice
Old 9-09-2009, 16:02
Australia
31 Years Old
14,626 Posts
Retired Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuar View Post
what are you talking about onions, what bop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i_z0JVLeLY
16sec