?

Old 22-12-2014, 22:19
Australia
442 Posts
MentorSteam Profile
bb/scotty scotty is offline aka sts, treize, b1g, ample, godfather
nah what I'm saying is if they are 2k why do you/they care if you have to play unranked til u get the right level?
Old 23-12-2014, 00:49
Venezuela
1,020 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
fungy! fungy! is offline aka fungy, Juan Jondre, flesh``, PENETRATION
because it takes ~130 games to reach lvl 13. I aint got time for that. Probably worth spending the 20 bucks to buy an account than it is to invest the hours to be able to play ranked.
Old 23-12-2014, 13:02
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
I had the joy of playing with someone who had a purchased account last night:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1108415014

He DC'd in the river @ Lvl 1. We used all our pauses and after 4 mins into the game he still wasn't back. He died once as we were trying to micro him @ mid in case he reconnected.

He comes back and starts raging "why didn't you pause", "why did you feed my hero".

We tried to explain he had been gone for about 8 minutes and we did our best. Everyone pretty pissed at him.

After that he proceeded to run down lanes an continually feed. His name was actually "(muted) mid or feed, try me".

Still acting like a 2 yo in the game we are trying to reason with him that we DID try to pause and DID try to micro his hero and he is being a jerk. His final line was "this is why I bought this account, to punish people like you".

Shit is fucked
Old 23-12-2014, 14:10
Auckland
31 Years Old
4,951 Posts
Steam Profile
vR*ir.pegg ir.pegg is offline aka ir.pegg, warface, gFx
Whos strong these days for off-lane?

Watched a few streams and they ban/pick tide a lot so have been running with him, otherwise i like to use clockwork,centaur,lich. But i am after a few new ones to prac as i play offlane with my mates mostly
Old 23-12-2014, 14:28
Australia
290 Posts
Steam Profile
ayyrayylmao rayy is offline aka Jayfeath, Jayfeather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir.pegg View Post
Whos strong these days for off-lane?

Watched a few streams and they ban/pick tide a lot so have been running with him, otherwise i like to use clockwork,centaur,lich. But i am after a few new ones to prac as i play offlane with my mates mostly
I recommend Centuar, Pudge, Timbersaw, Night Stalker and Slark. They're all situational and not really cookie cutter except for Centuar so you'll have to find their own niches. I think Pudge offlane is pretty good now as long as he isn't counterpicked by something like Dazzle babysitting (they expect pudge mid anyway so I havn't really had that problem) You can use tango/quelling to cut trees for really nice hook spots. You can go smoke gank their mid when you're lv 3/4 with boots too.
Old 23-12-2014, 14:43
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
I think Beastmaster is pretty neat to run in the offlane now and have been seeing it in a few games recently - you can start stacking from lvl 1 with your boar.
Old 23-12-2014, 15:24
Venezuela
1,020 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
For offlane you want to take heroes who can trade hits with enemy supports. Beastmaster, Lina and Puck are all amazing at this along with being strong ganking and team fight heroes.
Old 23-12-2014, 15:31
Australia
26 Years Old
5,349 Posts
QUACK!
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
yuki.au yuki is offline aka Yuki
Past/Current All-Australian
Tide is still effective and easy to play, as is void.
Old 23-12-2014, 15:39
Australia
1,036 Posts
Steam Profile
Imo Pudge safelane with a gyro is an excellent combo now. Have tried it, can confirm that it works really well.
Old 23-12-2014, 15:43
Australia
193 Posts
Steam Profile
One Night withcell cell is offline aka conjy
Spirit breaker, jakiro, puck, can trade against a duo lane effectively. Heroes like centaur, tide and timber can do well too especially with roaming supports. That being said new bounty hunter is crazy as a roamer now.
Old 23-12-2014, 17:27
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
Also I think that bristle is a good pub hero for offlane. Can absorb and deal a lot of damage against a lot of tri / duo safelanes.

Takes a bit of prac to know his limits though.
Old 23-12-2014, 17:33
Auckland
31 Years Old
4,951 Posts
Steam Profile
vR*ir.pegg ir.pegg is offline aka ir.pegg, warface, gFx
Yeah +1 for Bristle enjoy playing him

Will give puck, slark, and def timber more time. Too much of a spud to micro with beast or land hooks with pudge
Old 23-12-2014, 18:04
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
Playing offlane not just about the hero though - there are lots of little tricks to learn as well. It's just that some of the ones listed here are super good at being efficient in trading hits.

As an example, you need to be able to manipulate the creep wave to potentially have an easy offlane. So positioning at level 1 + vision of enemy supports + knowing limits of your hero and enemy + initial block and being able to translate this into them aggroing your creeps (taking hits from your creep wave) has double positive effect: you trade more efficiently regen wise and then their lane will push as well closer to your tower. The flow on effect from doing this successfully in the first level or two can be enormous in terms of your early game.

I am sure there is a guide out there will describe it better than me as well as lots of other tricks. These sorts of things can be more important to your game than picking a FOTM hero.
Last edited by Spector; 23-12-2014 at 18:05.
Old 23-12-2014, 20:53
Australia
31 Years Old
6,473 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector View Post
I had the joy of playing with someone who had a purchased account last night:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1108415014

He DC'd in the river @ Lvl 1. We used all our pauses and after 4 mins into the game he still wasn't back. He died once as we were trying to micro him @ mid in case he reconnected.

He comes back and starts raging "why didn't you pause", "why did you feed my hero".

We tried to explain he had been gone for about 8 minutes and we did our best. Everyone pretty pissed at him.

After that he proceeded to run down lanes an continually feed. His name was actually "(muted) mid or feed, try me".

Still acting like a 2 yo in the game we are trying to reason with him that we DID try to pause and DID try to micro his hero and he is being a jerk. His final line was "this is why I bought this account, to punish people like you".

Shit is fucked

whoever was bot lane did good.
Old 23-12-2014, 21:00
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
eh?
Old 23-12-2014, 21:04
Australia
31 Years Old
6,473 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
they got the tower man
Old 23-12-2014, 21:55
Adelaide
37 Years Old
1,076 Posts
Steam Profile
Did you lodge a ban on him?
Old 23-12-2014, 22:36
Australia
34 Years Old
11,704 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
yeah reported. as did everyone else in the game

doesnt really fix the prob - he can just go out and buy a new account and do the same shit. need some IP bans to start happening
Old 24-12-2014, 17:45
Melbourne
658 Posts
Steam Profile
budsadgasm sadgasm is offline aka Sadgasm, Columbine, Lithium, sadgasm, sad, sad machine, sunny boi
what was the reasoning behind juggs big buff, seeing heaps of core jug picks
Old 24-12-2014, 20:06
Australia
193 Posts
Steam Profile
One Night withcell cell is offline aka conjy
Hes a melee hero that doesn't want to get bkb but needs to get bkb in a bkb meta.
Old 26-12-2014, 16:15
Venezuela
1,020 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
It is considered an ¨Icefrog¨ buff because he tweaks numbers to find out how far he can push a hero till they become OP.

Jugg has been really strong in 6.82 now he is free mmr
Old 28-12-2014, 18:30
Melbourne
658 Posts
Steam Profile
budsadgasm sadgasm is offline aka Sadgasm, Columbine, Lithium, sadgasm, sad, sad machine, sunny boi
anyone been following this OK. cup? aussie team csw in the grand final in 3 hours
Old 28-12-2014, 20:47
Adelaide
31 Years Old
3,083 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
League Admin
all rares down
Old 28-12-2014, 23:38
New South Wales
25 Years Old
1,455 Posts
Steam Profile
Retired Media Coordinator
I've seen the majority of the cup and all of CSW's games in the tournament. I'd say they have a very strong chance of winning - barring the one game they lost where chains was on Puck chains has been playing more farm oriented heroes and it has been working out. Godot has been playing out of his mind and r1sk has had some sick venge performances.

They seem to just be playing well as a team and seem to have taken away a greater sense of urgency in taking map control/defending their own towers compared to their last major lan where they would concede all outer towers before fighting every game.

Both G.Guard and KS have players that are performing strongly but they just don't seem to be playing as well as a team as CSW.
Last edited by Brodogs; 28-12-2014 at 23:48.
Old 28-12-2014, 23:46
Melbourne
658 Posts
Steam Profile
cmon core leshrac on musica
Old 29-12-2014, 02:42
New South Wales
25 Years Old
1,455 Posts
Steam Profile
is this real life

i need to work tomorrow jesus
Old 29-12-2014, 02:50
Melbourne
658 Posts
Steam Profile
them chronos tho
Old 29-12-2014, 03:46
New South Wales
25 Years Old
1,455 Posts
Steam Profile
csw road to ti5
Old 4-01-2015, 19:38
Melbourne
690 Posts
Steam Profile