Closed Thread
Old 18-04-2012, 17:59
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum
Every now and then I will come up against a very good team in OZFL/scrims, with far more experience and skill than my own team. Realistically we are not able to compete at the same level as these teams, but we give it our best and just see how well we play against these top teams.

My question is: What can we do to learn against teams like these where no matter what you do we will lose players/position, leading to a lack of positive reinforcement?

I've always personally believed that matches like these are a waste of both team's time, but I'm sure you guys probably disagree.
Last edited by hatchet; 18-04-2012 at 18:03.
Old 18-04-2012, 17:59
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy
Ask the other team after a stomping what they think you were doing wrong. It probably really obvious to them but less so for your team.

Sometimes the answer is just dm and there's not alot to be gained, but other times it might be something fundamental and critical to fix.

The more you lose the more momentum will shift as they get more aggressive each rollout, you cant afford to recoil in fear or it will just get worse. Just stick to basics and try not to rage too hard at each other if it goes bad regardless.
Old 18-04-2012, 18:01
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowt
If you are getting completely stomped its a waste of time

its a good idea to have games against teams that are better than your team/worse than your team/as good as your team

obviously just playing teams you beat is bad the same way as playing against teams that constantly beat you is bad

if you get beat down really badly its mainly because the other teams players have better class skills.

however after the game if you say things like "we need to communicate better"
"we need to have better rollouts" "they keep jumping me scouts you have to kill jumpers better"

you wont improve at the actual game

instead you have to break down situations in the game and think about how you can play them better

I think at your level you should be just working on improving class skills (mge/scrims/pub/pug)

and making sure people in your team can 'read the game' and identify when you have uber advantage/disadvantage and player advantage/disadvantage

SOUNDS REALLY SIMPLE about 6 people in aus tf2 can do it

I will constantly see even at the highest div1 level completely misreading situations and being in bad position based on whats happening in the game

i.e. if you are defending the last point on badlands and you kill two players (have two player advantage) you should attempt to attack / do some kind of move

i.e. if you have uber advantage and its 6v6 you should be trying to use the uber advantage to get kills / territory on the map
Closed Thread