Old 28-09-2010, 17:15
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum
hello

How do you defend against the other team when they roll the "garage" rollout where their two soldiers jump on our crate, and start spamming on us all. Im a demoman and i try to sticky up the crates but that does not really help.

thanks
Old 28-09-2010, 17:15
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowt
people overcomplicate things

sometimes you just goto get back to basics

if they kept rolling garage with soliders id be ready as scout to kill those soldiers
Last edited by hatchet; 28-09-2010 at 17:23.
Old 28-09-2010, 17:17
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Throwing it open to the masses.
Old 28-09-2010, 17:20
Australia
200 Posts
Scout MedalPast/Current All-AustralianSteam Profile
deathmatch aim idiot
have a scout play high as bowt said

get there early as soldier and shoot down, don't wait for them
Old 28-09-2010, 17:22
Australia
1,409 Posts
Team Red VeteranSteam Profile
haha, we have problems with this as well. Bowt's solution is what ive been told to do as scout but its not that easy . Is it a good idea to counter by doing the exact same thing on your side? then they wouldnt be spamming onto you.
Old 28-09-2010, 17:25
Brisbane
27 Years Old
307 Posts
Steam Profile
Shambo Shambo is offline aka Merhorse
Putting one of your soldiers on catwalk puts him in a great position to deny jumpers. or atleast smash them once they land on crates
Old 28-09-2010, 17:42
Australia
1,041 Posts
I've won 12 grand finals!Attended ozfLANScout MedalPast/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
Past/Current All-Australian
my original answer was

kill their soldiers by your soldiers shooting rockets at them, you stickying them and then your scouts shooting them with scattergun
Old 28-09-2010, 17:44
Adelaide
10,628 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
foxy•Darien#c0g Darien is offline aka darienphoenix
Super Moderator
Your soldiers should be faster onto the crates unless they had a slow rollout, if it's continuously giving you trouble have a scout play high as mentioned.
Old 28-09-2010, 17:52
Australia
1,041 Posts
I've won 12 grand finals!Attended ozfLANScout MedalPast/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
if the other team is good they wont let you hold the close crate with their demoman / scouts before soldiers come in

no way you can shoot down on their soldiers entering imo
Old 28-09-2010, 19:49
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Slower demo faster soldier/gunboats is plausible, but probably overly difficult vs any competant enemy demo.
Old 28-09-2010, 19:58
Perth
1,789 Posts
Steam Profile
MAD DOG‌‌‌ rep! rep is offline aka rep```
Banned
important thing is for scouts to early call if they're doing warehouse rollout. the scout going warehouse can quickly spot the right side see if he sees any heavies there and he can call what theyre doing..
then u can adjust accordingly how everu want. what i used to do was try flank (be wary of other scouts) and deny the medkit.

its not a good rollout if the other team is expecting u to do it (or atleast it wasnt when i played lol)
Old 14-02-2012, 22:55
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Have had this question asked recently.

So here's a broken down example vs garage rollout in a scrim (ty to sql's buddah).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6p-vqZkIY

Admitedly the other team's demo dies on rollout anyway (bl taf ) and could've just abandoned it. But that aside if you watch a couple of times you'll get an idea of what actions (i.e. players moving to positions particularly secondary solly and catwalk scout) would've resulted after the basic garage rollout was identified.
Last edited by hatchet; 14-02-2012 at 23:13.
Old 19-02-2012, 03:51
Australia
24 Years Old
5,347 Posts
QUACK!
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
yuki.au yuki is offline aka Yuki
The rollout would have been completely different if a) the demoman didn't get instagibbed and b) the "dm skill" between teams were even.

When it comes down to it, even teams on gran mid can be a dice-roll and usually just comes down to who wins their duels. Demoman should be pre stickying crates/spamming pipes to the left if he has a thought it's coming. As rep said, denying the medkit is strong because that means you now have TWO medkits (yours and theirs) and can play off that health advantage. Soldiers can either jump to the ramps door or delay jump to the crates and fight them. Scouts need to just avoid damage and help clean up