?

Old 17-04-2010, 02:28
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Post here any any thoughts and feedback you have regarding cp_wildmire after you have played your CFL round match.

Prefered Format:
· Rating: (1-5)
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?:

Notes: any player is invited to voice their opinion, would appreciate team captains offering their opinions.

Current Result: 3.1
Last edited by No Mercy; 25-04-2010 at 20:36.
Old 22-04-2010, 01:16
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Pretty keen to see what people think about this map, not sure if itll be great or disliked after the palytesting.
Old 22-04-2010, 03:49
Australia
29 Years Old
2,600 Posts
Team Blue VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
· Rating: 4
· Likes: Quick rollout, several different ways/speeds to mid
Lots of flanking opportunity for second
Lack of proper sniping spots
Basically playing scout/pyro was awesome fun on this map

· Dislikes: fake door just outside spawn?
last seems a little boring, maybe it could be lengthened a bit?

Maybe a bit too easy to get a roll on
The bottom level at mid maybe needs an easier dropdown/opening

· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: Yep
Old 22-04-2010, 12:19
Australia
1,409 Posts
Team Red VeteranSteam Profile
BTW i didnt play this match I watched my team get rolled by ALIVe -_-. All these things i say were from a spectators pov.

Rating: 3
flanks

Dislikes: Think it was a bit small
Yes too easy to get on a roll, cap mid then almost gaunteed to cap 2nd before the other team even has 6 up. Think this is because of its size.

Would I like to see it in ozfort? Maybe if divisions were small and you didnt get rolled yeah
Old 22-04-2010, 23:16
Australia
755 Posts
Steam Profile
iMle_420_princeintel le_420_prince is offline aka epic, stomash, Radical!
yeah this map is fucking disgusting i hope i never have to load it again 0/5
Old 22-04-2010, 23:17
Australia
755 Posts
Steam Profile
iMle_420_princeintel le_420_prince is offline aka epic, stomash, Radical!
i mean, i had big error signs floating everywhere and crashed 4 times in the match, joke
Old 22-04-2010, 23:50
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
rating: 2-3/5
likes: i thought last point was pretty good and i didnt mind the map in general.
dislikes: middle was too small imo. and 2nd was too big. the actual point of 2nd is retarded how you can fall down, i think that works well on gullywash but certainly not on this map.

would you like to see this map in future ozfortress comps? with some changes yeah it could be alright.
Old 22-04-2010, 23:52
Australia
1,581 Posts
Team Blue VeteranTeam Red VeteranSteam Profile
League Admin
Prefered Format:
· Rating: 3.5
· Likes: Very complex and interesting. Adds for completely different play to any other map.
· Dislikes: Some parts of the map are two small. Increase the map size in all aspects a little bit and the map will be better.

· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: Yes
Old 23-04-2010, 00:34
Singapore
782 Posts
Steam Profile
· Rating: 4
· Likes: Height changing and such - fluidity between the open and closed spaces
· Dislikes: Bit too small around the everywhere bits
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: yer orite
9:15 PM - R♡iden: shitting my pants right now 9:15 PM - R♡iden: your like my idol :|
Old 23-04-2010, 00:42
Australia
290 Posts
Steam Profile
(From shoutcasting point of view.)
Rating: 2
Likes: Cluttered map allows for different playstyles. eg. pyro (though ALL the map is cluttered, little variety)
Dislikes: Long respawn times + short distance between points = easy roll. No open spaces, little variety in play between the three points. Aesthetically bland, especially last. Emphasizes middle-point DM skills even more than most 5-point CP maps which is not an aspect that needs emphasizing due to the huge influence winning middle already plays on most 5-point CP maps.
Use in future comps?: No. I think there are better options.
Last edited by Pugs; 23-04-2010 at 00:47.
Old 23-04-2010, 11:27
Australia
27 Years Old
787 Posts
Steam Profile
Antiphon.bvz Antiphon is offline aka Last
Rating: 4
-Rollout times - for once in the long list of 5 cp maps that have come and gone from the custom fields, a map that has rollout times that are nearly within 3 seconds, if done correctly. i've always wondered what would happen if times were relatively compressed rather than the stock standard 20-25 seconds it usually takes. what it does on this map is establish an advantage from the outset if one team is slow. even on granary/badlands, rollout differences between teams is not that accountable for who actually wins mid, but playing a match against an unprepared team of relatively equal skill, and getting mid from just rollout difference says a lot about how compatible this map can be.

-Mid cap underground route - really relies on the other team not counting numbers at mid, as scouts are not disadvantaged from the outset on rollout, if they are spotted underneath, as to attack them means you have to commit to going into a confined yet open environment. the disadvantage, much like badlands is that you can get stuck in a small building if you play through. the advantage is that the route to flank is short, literally a left turn and up some stairs. pretty much a winning formula

-Last cap attack/defense options - by using small connectors that rely on actually commiting out the door before actually attacking gives defenses uber-on-uber advantage, as well as the oppurtunity to stuff opponents at the connector before they even get out. the amount of connectors however plays into the hands of the offense, small and confined, breaching a connector with nobody guarding, especially if it is higher ground will win the cap automatically. sentries can get used to defend, most classes can be used to attack, besides sniper, which is i guess a punishment if you roll him through 4th onto last.

-second cap - well spaced, meaning teams that get rolled on mid have to commit at least 2 players to effectively dive the med on second, and have to commit within plain view of attackers, however if retreated can establish automatic higher ground if others respawn in time.

-touch - man o man, there are things in this map, play wise that are brilliant. again, on mid, theres a section in the flooring that allows people to walk over a gap in the floor, but not back over it without falling through. brilliant. health packs are all in spaces of confinement, commitment. ammo packs are fairly scarce, however i dont think anyone should need a full ammo pack, ever, on a five cp map. its just not necessary unless its not 5 cp dustbowl stylez . little sections of flooring with borders mean splash off the sides of walls to above the wall doesnt occur, elevation on second cap and the little railing means defensive players have to hit their shots or hold forward, windows you can jump through can advantage scouts, the house section on second creating a unique defense area for scouts, last cap barriers good for holding behind. some really sweet map making here. attention to detail

Dislikes:

-rollout options - besides sending a couple of soldiers kamikaze, or changing classes, there are not really any valid options for experimenting. the midcap is fairly locked in positioning being at right angles and everything, and confined, so any concealment warranted in other 5 cp maps, that allow for alternative options is rather scarce. again this feeds into the whole mid cap "like", over advantages being established on time rather than positioning/force.

-last cap areas/areas that are misleading - mid cap plank walk, the section along the wall can be given a bit more width imo, the splash damage off the wall, which im guessing is the mapped disadvantage is relatively the same, but anyone travelling that route shouldnt have to deal with also easily falling off, so we just didnt run our med that way at all. there is also an area around second (the balcony looking thing on the left, and door underneath it). Last cap should have a window of somesort where the offense can see parts of the defenses setup, because it can become a fortress with the right uber-on-uber status and appropriate positioning. also area above the bottom connector in unneeded, relatively isolated and cornered and small, its just a deadzone for anyone who goes there.

-night time- no. i get that its supposed to be wild...and mire-ish...and that it has a feel like snow white going through a fucking forest, but no. daylight tf2 roolz.

Use in future comps?: Yes. tweaks to the amount of area (which i guess is hard considering that youd have to start again), and a bit on defensive spawn times and i reckon youve got something a million times better than gullywash ever was.
Old 23-04-2010, 11:38
Adelaide
29 Years Old
3,083 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
League Admin
Rating: 3.5/5
Likes: Rollouts werent too bad, good oppurtunity to get some utility time in as mid was pretty close quarters, as was final CP. It's a pretty complex map, and just from our playtime I think we only scratched the surface strategy wise. There's a whole other side to the map that we didnt really bother to take, not to mention an under-mid rollout.

Dislikes: Mid is too small and angled too much. Didnt like as cactaur said the hollow second CP. Spawn times we're odd, it seemed like longer spawns with shorter distance between points, allowed teams to get forward spawn right on top of the opposing team and either get smashed again, or unexpectedly do the smashing.

Use in future comps? - Yes, make mid bigger and maybe dick about with it a bit, and play with spawn times.
Old 27-04-2010, 23:34
Sydney
38 Years Old
1,157 Posts
Steam Profile
Massive respawn at last one time (27secs!). We did alright on it, so maybe that clouds things, but I thought it was playable. Chokes into mid are a little annoying, but are generally a decent challenge. We managed to defend from last to cap out, so it did ok there. The entrance to mid can be a spam fest, but its a challenge.
Old 27-04-2010, 23:45
Australia
1,887 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
foxy•Crowie#c0g Crowie is offline aka Dr. Crowie
· Rating: (1-5) 1
· Likes: rollout is fairly quick nice sparkly effects around the lightposts, the frog under the midpoint is cool
· Dislikes: This map doesnt offer anything new or clever, it is what I would call an awkward map, theres no flow. Its hard to find good spots to hold and then once you get them they are hard to hold. Holding mid and defending second turns into a spam match with no great height advantage. I wouldnt say the map is too small its just poorly laid out. Personally I hate the multilevel cap-point idea (ala gullyshit) should have just made it the higher option with a small heath underneath. Last point is like a dogs vomit. No real advantages to either team in positioning. We already have a granlands copy (follower) and this does a worse job.
The colour scheme of the map I thought was very confusing and it was hard to quickly establish which side of the map you were on, the night theme probably emphasises this. Forward spawn again points you in the wrong way. Very demo friendly map, scouts could be easily replaced by, heavy or spy or engi with no real consequence.
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: Na I dont think so lots of better alternatives.
Old 28-04-2010, 00:08
Melbourne
27 Years Old
4,300 Posts
Steam Profile
Uther Doul Uther Doul is offline aka Laveidem, lavender, lav, meatball, Extreme Boyheat, Tamerlane
Supported Lag Relief '09
lacks aesthetics