?

Old 6-04-2010, 18:20
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator

Post here any any thoughts and feedback you have regarding cp_mainline after you have played your CFL round match.

Prefered Format:
· Rating: (1-5)
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?:

Notes: any player is invited to voice their opinion, would appreciate team captains offering their opinions.

Result: Averaging Rating 3.5
Last edited by No Mercy; 15-04-2010 at 03:08.
Old 6-04-2010, 22:25
Australia
1,887 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
foxy•Crowie#c0g Crowie is offline aka Dr. Crowie
· Rating: (1-5) 4
· Likes:Its a fun map to play, not too big or small good spacing of ammo and health good variation of height, plenty of options for pushing/defending, pushing back to mid from second can be tricky but I dont think thats a bad thing. Every point is well put together. Has got a good feel about the map and the more you play it the more you get to like it. Had a couple of scrims before our match and I reckon we used every part of the map which is a good sign.
· Dislikes:Mid point is good but could possibly be a little too wide and not long enough and I'm still a bit 50/50 about the suspended crate over mid point. The first forward spawn can be a little disconcerting but I think thats just one of those things you just have to get used to. These are minor issues imo.

All in all a solid map and I would definately like to see this in future comps.
Last edited by Crowie; 6-04-2010 at 22:26.
Old 8-04-2010, 10:29
Australia
1,409 Posts
Team Red VeteranSteam Profile
Rating: 4.5

Likes: The multiple entrances/exits too all of the points made you think. The large amounts of space near the points yet in the transition between points the closed buildings spaces was good for running around and flanking. I see it as a scout map which is also good. 2nd wasnt as hard to defend than what we first thought because scouts could help by running around the back and attacking from there. The suspended crate was ok just its pretty obvious when someone is in there. Pretty much everything, great map.
Dislikes: Respawn timers....BUT in saying that i realise im just being impatient because its a big map. The times were long but in context they were right.
would I like to see this map played in ozfortress competitions: Definitely, love the map well done to whoever made it.
Old 8-04-2010, 20:32
Australia
2,987 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
go!Cole Cole is offline aka geomanis
League Admin
· Rating: 2
· Dislikes: cant retake from last ever. 20 minute stalemate isnt fun no matter how many opportunities for middies you get. Terribly confusing forward spawn, crate at middle is more of an annoyance than anything.
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: No
Old 8-04-2010, 20:54
Australia
4,498 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
ozfortressferelah ferelah is offline aka Feresar
League Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomanis View Post
· Dislikes: cant retake from last ever. 20 minute stalemate isnt fun no matter how many opportunities for middies you get. Terribly confusing forward spawn, crate at middle is more of an annoyance than anything.
map was far far too 'wide' too many entrances, chokes werent really chokes, just lots of door ways,
Old 8-04-2010, 23:05
Australia
1,164 Posts
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
Crunch.au Crunch is offline aka Captain Crunch
Past/Current All-Australian
· Rating: (1-5) 4.5

· Likes: The map flows quite well. there is a lot of opportunities to repush from last/2nd-mid if you have a clue. beautiful mix of high risk/high gain pushes from mid/2nd and 2nd to last.
second is laid out quite well forcing you to keep a close eye on entrances and rotate your combo/demo to react to threats
Last is set out beautifully for pushing without ubers if you keep a tight knit offence
Last holds quite well if you angle your defence properly and force the attacker's uber early. Retaking from last to second works a lot like granary. if you defend with the intention to retake and you have a plan you can do it quite easily

· Dislikes:mid is a little too narrow for classic rollouts, forcing you to either suicide dive soldiers/mop with demo, or sit back and snipe. stupid idiotic spastic idea for a crate on mid. i really dont understand it. the only use it has is to stall jumping between crates and to stop skybox warriors lol

· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: with a few small changes to asthetics it'll be excellent. for what its worth its the best custom since freight
Old 9-04-2010, 02:42
Australia
1,887 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
· for what its worth its the best custom since freight
My thought too
Old 9-04-2010, 05:06
Australia
26 Years Old
430 Posts
Steam Profile
Rating: 3/5
the second point is interesting and the rocks on last ar kool the connectors from mid to second are well design and create a nice flow rewarding timely retreats
· Dislikes: too hard to take second from last, mid point is too wide and the roll outs are uninteresting (though this could change after further playing)
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: yes maybe with some changes to last/second connector
Old 9-04-2010, 11:56
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
rating: 4/5
likes: fun map to play. basically what other people have said.
dislikes: some of the connectors to points are a bit over the top and annoying eg the double door on last from the 2nd connectors seems kind've useless and annoying.
Old 9-04-2010, 12:51
Australia
28 Years Old
2,600 Posts
Team Blue VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
Rating: 3/5
Likes: mid point was fun, pretty easy to get a roll on (maybe too easy?) interesting to see terrain level differences instead of stairs etc
Dislikes: I'm not sure if it was me being horrible, but is it impossible to RJ out from the middle spawn doors? Forward spawn for last point is weird (why is it up in the air?) Stairs leading up to last need to be crouch jumpable otherwise you have to walk all the way around.
Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: yes, with a fair bit of work I'd say
Old 9-04-2010, 12:59
Australia
1,932 Posts
Steam Profile
b/rhyz rhyz is offline aka RAZoR, razor
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomanis View Post
The stuff you just said comes down to just knowing the map, we found pushing out of last as hard as badlands, get a solid defense, gotta have an advantage and 4/5 players down from other team..but I do agree on the forward spawn door once you cap mid.. really easy to go backwards.

Rating: 4.5
· Likes: Everything, its a really well flowing map, mid battles are just as good as granary/badlands and it just works.
· Dislikes: Forward spawn door once capping 2nd is a pain
· Would You like to see this map in future ozfortress comps?: Yes
Last edited by rhyz; 9-04-2010 at 13:00.
Old 9-04-2010, 14:41
Australia
1,164 Posts
i had a bit of a look at the stv of our game last night.
if mid was 50% longer (same width) and those high platforms on the sides were opened up to jumping players i think there would be a lot more variation in rollouts and plays..mid is good but still nowhere near the big 2.
As it is atm there is virtually no room to retreat if things are going poorly.

Personally if that point was redesigned to play a bit more like the mid on cp_well i think itd be a winner
Old 9-04-2010, 15:38
Melbourne
27 Years Old
4,300 Posts
Steam Profile
Uther Doul Uther Doul is offline aka Laveidem, lavender, lav, meatball, Extreme Boyheat, Tamerlane
Supported Lag Relief '09
I like well!
Do what crunch says!
Old 9-04-2010, 15:39
Australia
1,887 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
i had a bit of a look at the stv of our game last night.
if mid was 50% longer (same width) and those high platforms on the sides were opened up to jumping players i think there would be a lot more variation in rollouts and plays..mid is good but still nowhere near the big 2.
As it is atm there is virtually no room to retreat if things are going poorly.

Personally if that point was redesigned to play a bit more like the mid on cp_well i think itd be a winner
Maybe 20%, and I think there should be a way soldier doesnt have to rjump to get on those 2 train containers left side of mid or make them double height, and a way scouts can get into the suspended crate without FaN.
Old 9-04-2010, 16:50
Australia
1,164 Posts
meh they should piss the crate off altogether.
if they made it AT LEAST 20% longer, create a platform/point the length of the area remeniscent of well thingsd be peachy
Old 9-04-2010, 18:55
Sydney
37 Years Old
1,157 Posts
Steam Profile
thumbs up from me. decent map, some annoying areas, but pretty well balanced with the well thought out ones.
Old 9-04-2010, 19:21
Australia
1,046 Posts
Alienware winnerQUACK!Steam Profile
jkPAUL GEORGE PAUL GEORGE is offline aka hellscream, her0in, pookie, uzice, Minzy
Banned
rating: 2/5
dislikes: there are like 4 ways to attack each point from the one prior to it, our team liked basic thingie of the map and with a few changes it would probably get a 3 or 4, y0
i cant think
Old 9-04-2010, 19:25
Australia
36,557 Posts
Steam Profile
vR*valk valk is offline aka valk, va
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscream View Post
hhahhah
11:17 PM - yuri: vr are better than d because d dont play matches
Old 10-04-2010, 13:12
Australia
30 Years Old
22 Posts
Steam Profile
Did anyone try sticky jumping on top of the crate on rollout? If your team's scouts can engage the enemy scouts long enough it seems like a great position to rain down stickies on the enemy's front doors, and you can drop back to your team's train if needed.
Old 10-04-2010, 14:36
Australia
1,164 Posts
and while ur up there their team can +fwd into the rest of your team as you will be useless
Old 10-04-2010, 14:44
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
if x2 sticky jump around that left passage on 2nd, you can get there quicker than there entire team by landing on the crate. kinda like getting a 9.46~ landing on badlands through spire but its not as good cos of all the doors.
Old 10-04-2010, 15:03
Australia
1,306 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranSteam Profile
decapfights for BLU decap is offline aka decapitator, decap`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosine View Post
Did anyone try sticky jumping on top of the crate on rollout? If your team's scouts can engage the enemy scouts long enough it seems like a great position to rain down stickies on the enemy's front doors, and you can drop back to your team's train if needed.
theres no room on the crate to dodge fire, so if you jump on top or inside it you're pretty much dead
Old 21-04-2010, 08:44
Sydney
37 Years Old
1,157 Posts
Steam Profile
Playing this for the second time as medic this time (was scout last time), and I enjoyed it even more. We managed to push from our last to their last. Attacking the second point is awkward, but seems to be achievable.
Still happy with this map after two matches.
(I'm playing for MD btw in CFL incase any one was wondering)
Old 23-04-2010, 11:02
Australia
27 Years Old
787 Posts
Steam Profile
Antiphon.bvz Antiphon is offline aka Last
Rating:3.5

likes: was fairly distracted. i really liked it until i noticed that shooting rockets on mid at people on the ground was really impossible (rails taking all the splash, staircases, little gaps, little juts of platforms wrecking splash)
i liked the layout of mid and second. you have to hold back on second, from really one stance, as you can't really defend it up front. the mid cap looked good, more space needed, and that box is just dead zone territory, unless you were jewing.

it initially looked good until we saw there were things in the map that were attacker geared, especially when defending. the amount of connector options on the defense side is a nightmare for distributing who defends what.

dislikes:
- we had problems with getting out of mid cap basically because all options can still be fired upon from most positions on mid cap, so even if you knew you werent going to win trying to get out became hugely difficult. extending the size is the only fix.

- last cap is fairly hard to get out of, as geomanis said, as there is a fair distance between last and second, and because of spawn differences it is really difficult to get that cap back. second, even though we didnt get to play it, is really well designed, the left hilly section is however to big, when attacking that second cap. it really needs to be smaller, (like funnel towards attacking 4th) as there are already 2 other options of attacking, to cover all that area accurately, defending with 1-2 people becomes a difficult task.

Last cap needs a bit more higher ground on the sides, defending what is essentially a rectangular area (much wider than the square dimensions of last cap badlands gran), without having real sentry options, without being able to stop a majority of connectors (again 4 equal ways of attacking against a team with 6 players on a last cap that is wide), is really difficult, even with uber-on-uber. defensively it should be easy to establish high ground, easy to patrol two connectors at once, and the other stickied, while still being able to hold the last option (which in mainline would be a hidden bottom left connector or higher ground balcony (-_-).

it became a task to stop a team at the connector, because we had to guess which side they were coming from to actually defend, as higher ground was next to a wall, and the pipe had round edges and was relatively useless, so reacting wasn't really an option. unlike a lot of teams, we tried varied classes to no success, the ground favourable for offenses that could get out.

Should we see it in future comps? it may seemed biased to say no, because our team got flogged, but really there are too many flaws when trying to defend this map, that sees no choke/stalemate options. got really zzzzzz.

"sticky off the middle and well hold right";"theyve come from bottom left"
"fuck i can't kill em"
"wtf rockets aren't hitting"

common mumble themes