United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask a Question Forum
Specifically on Badlands, I have a hard time when my team is pushing last. Sometimes i'll go top right and maybe kill a soldier or scout, then get raped by someone. If I go bottom right, i just get spammed out. If I jump at point/upper left I get raped. Kind of not sure as to what to do.
Old 21-01-2013, 13:16
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
It's all about coordinating with your team. Often it's a good idea to have your main heavies (pocket/demo/med) doing the work exchanging uber, followed by a repush. In my teams case, we typically trade ubers and aim to at least escape with 0 deaths, with a kill or two being ideal in the process. Afterwards, we either push in top left with roamer jumping bottom, push bottom with roamer coming in bottom right/top right, or a bastardisation of the aforementioned methods.

Work on timing your pushes with the rest of your team and just making sure you trade your life for either good damage or getting your team good positioning (eg you baiting point while team pushes high). This forces the enemy team onto the ground/point while the rest of your team pummels them from high ground.
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy View Post
- don't be an easy target for the enemy uber, poke around looking for free damage
- coordinate with scouts or the primary post uber, often top right
- treat equal uber vs uber advantage pushes differently
- heavy classes with high ground advantage is huge on badlands last; think about how you can achieve this, either as said high ground spammer, or as the bait that draws your opponents onto the floor.
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask a Question Forum
Okay, I also have a bit of a hard time on granary. If I bomb in onto pipes i get absolutely demolished, but if I don't go and do that I feel that I don't really get enough damage off...Is it okay that I act as clean up after the ubers are exchanged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
I did say to coordinate with your team and, if you have to, trade your life for good damage/kills. On another note, I guess you could act as cleanup but you actually have to land the frags, not diceroll.