United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum View Post
If we have just capped mid, and are going forward to cap spire, should the demo cap spire? Some people tell me I should, others say I shouldn't.

This is on badlands.
Old 21-01-2013, 14:04
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Generally spire is a fairly vulnerable position to spam so you don't really want to be up there capping. However, your question lacks a lot of detail so a lot of assumptions will be made. How many players are up on the other team? Is your team high on health? Where is your team? Where is their team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask a Question Forum View Post
This situation is after a mid fight, so let's say my team has 5 up and the other only has 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy View Post
which 2, where are they?

if medic + 1 retreating via valley then jump every time as fast as possible cut them off.
if demoman alive retreated mainway then do not jump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
If you think no one is going to be in a sneaky spot ready to gank you/med then go for it. Nothing bad with getting that spire cap started just a little bit earlier.
Last edited by No Mercy; 21-01-2013 at 14:05.
Old 21-01-2013, 14:04
United States
29 Years Old
5,197 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy View Post
I think there are 2 important factors to consider here.

+ A demoman capping spire with stickies setup on the lower door and balcony is very strong and prevents most re-entries from inside. As he can jump from mid to spire with a buff he is also the fastest player to get there from a rollout win and lockout, and can also cut off retreating players from resupply there too.

- A demoman is very vulnerable midair to a scout or soldier hiding on spire (perhaps even from pocket) or a demoman setup with stickies on or under the point. Also he is the one person you don't want to die for a mid defense if getting spire is not a sure thing (if you know they are defending) and need pushign through into pocket if they are defending from there.

Use these two factors in deciding when its correct to jump spire and cap and when you should just walk around corner with the heals and then cap only after scouts are dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowt View Post
just this if they only have two up and they might be able to contest maybe you can jump spire and shut down balc or something

I think you will get a feel for it as you play / test things out
Last edited by No Mercy; 21-01-2013 at 14:05.