Closed Thread
Old 17-08-2011, 18:43
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowt
To give you an idea of a situation in the game where you can make a decision think of this hypothetical

Highlights should be a midfight in 3rd round or something, we won mid but still we couldn't push through for some reason, we were just continuously getting picked apart.

lets say your team won the midfight and have ALL 6 players alive (MAP BADLANDS)

the enemy team has NO DEMOMAN but ALL OTHER 5 PLAYERS ALIVE

the enemy team is forward defending with both soldiers (no uber)

and both of there scouts are at the resupply

what would you do as scout? what should your team try to achieve when the other team has no demoman?
** Note: This thread was originally in the private mentoring forum where a person was asking for help regarding a specific demo they'd provided. And a lot of resulting comments/content have been omitted/reworded on request. Still the thread had some interesting points by bowt/no mercy which I thought were worth transferring to the public forum.
Last edited by hatchet; 17-08-2011 at 20:02.
Old 17-08-2011, 18:47
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum
^ i'd try to distract them while combo/demo ubers in, and my scout partner to guard demoman until uber
Old 17-08-2011, 18:47
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy
Distract them? if you mean the 2 scouts at resup then this is achieving nothing, and you run a small risk of getting caught from behind in house by a peeking soldier. If you mean the soldiers/medic then leading the combo around corner and moving to the perch, possibly jump spire is sound if they hold back, but the info is 2 soldiers are holding forward and your 'distracting' will just get you killed very quickly.

When your combo demo ubers in, where should they uber from - jump around corner or walk? - and if the uber if popped proactively around the corner, but their medic is all the way back at the stone bridge heading to roller door asap, what should you do then? Neither team has uber at he moment, but this was a rollout, and neither medic have uber yet but are probably close. Is waiting for both ubers correct?

Let say we uber around the corner the demo and medic, and you go round corner too but live. Ubers are out for you, one of their two soldiers retreated very low but the other one is still in your teams face solo ubering because he didnt have to multi as much as your team. Their demo may be coming soon, where are their scouts now, did anyone track them watching house?

There's no absolute correct answer to any hypothetical, but there is certainly a lot of very poorer choices.
Old 17-08-2011, 18:48
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
sorry for not being very specific.

if the team is forward defending then I assume they would have an uber disadvantage and also because they cannot contest spire.

usually, bonk is allowed in leagues ( altho it has been banned now because of the vanilla/medlocks thing, I'll just say its allowed. ). our soldiers would jump spire, I would bonk in and rush to last and pick the demo if possible. Assuming everything works as planned either they would try to take spire - our team would prolly uber now or retreat back to kill me.

at least that's what I think how it will go
Old 17-08-2011, 18:48
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
look both teams dont have uber

you can just push around corner because the other team doesn't have a demoman

why bother contesting resup when the other team has both scouts there? - every scout does this I dont understand it

our team would have 2nd soldier go through house look for scouts or push and I would just +forward while team comes behind me and rape their soldiers - no demoman LOL
Old 17-08-2011, 18:51
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
if the team is forward defending then I assume they would have an uber disadvantage and also because they cannot contest spire.

Quote:
its the opposite if the team has uber disadvantage they would not forward defend they would have medic on bridge away from a place they can get UBERED ON

you can easily contest spire with uber disadvantage... I should write an article about how small a difference uber advantage is attacking spire relative to say uber advantage attacking warehouse
Old 17-08-2011, 18:52
Australia
3,185 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
I thought of another rule

you never want to uber first with player advantage
Closed Thread