?

Old 19-04-2011, 19:40
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Here is my list of the best TF2 player's I've ever played with or faced. The thread is definitely open for discussion, so post your own lists or attack mine. Keep in mind, the list of for people I've played against.

Scouts:
  1. rep - best aim, best movement, smart brain. The guy is near impossible to kill as soldier and was always the hardest player to survive as medic.
  2. solus - fantastic aim, super movement and for me, the smartest scout. Would always be in a situation where he could deal damage, but also live.
  3. bowt - just played so smart, was incredibly difficult to kill when he was up and about. Had the added bonus of always making sure his fellow scout was making a play from the other side.
  4. subtitled - worked incredibly well with bowt and is just a frag monster. Silky skills and super smart. Came out of nowhere and was one of the most dominant scouts for about 12 months.
  5. pvh - has played scout in so many good teams I can't keep count (bb #1). The guy is a monster. For someone who doesn't overthink his play style ("point and click class"), he has done remarkably well. Has to be one of the first your team kills if you're going to win.
Special mentions:
  • eko - always a huge talker, but delivered time and time again. Carried spade over the line many times.
  • gore - the only reason why he isn't in my top 5 is because I never actually played against him. If I did, I have no doubt that he'd be in the top 3.
  • stafu - just an aim machine. Was caught in bad positions at times, but when in the right position, his aim would hold up against the best.
  • sheep - aim, aim aim. Never let you feel safe no matter what sort of positional advantage you had over him. Would loved to have seen him play against the dogz in their prime.
Soldiers
  1. nesk - without a doubt the MVP of Oceanic TF2. The guy wouldn't die, period. He had the best aim, the best brain and I never saw him play a bad game. Always stepped up in big games.
  2. nomey - only played a handful of games against him, but was near impossible to kill. Like nesk, he always stepped up in big games and was super solid. Killing the medic with him around was tough, to say the least.
  3. vic - the only elite primary soldier still playing today. Vic was a master primary, but was the best secondary I've ever seen, even before the gunboats era. Having him in the team made you infinitely better, playing against him made it infinitely harder.
  4. jezo - carried BEASTIN untold times. His worth was proved when he joined the dogz. Started competitive play later than the others on the list, but improved rapidly to become one of the best soldiers in a time where there was more than one good soldier.
  5. zellogs - fantastic soldier, constantly had to switch classes to fill the gaps in symbolic. Would have been even better if he could focus on playing primary. Carried symbolic through many games.
Special mentions:
  • vision - you don't play soldier in mad dogz for nothing. I always thought Vic was better, but this guy was a superstar.
  • sd - don't imagine many of you will remember this beast from the spadebox days. The one thing spade lacked was a really strong soldier pair. Unfortunately for sd, he had to carry that weight on his shoulders. His pedigree came from the dogz and he was dominant.
  • lottic - have only played against him in pub/pugs, but it was never pleasant when he was on the opposite team. Many !gets have come from facing lottic.
  • baf - carried mw? the entire way through and although vR* has some better support players, he is still required to lift the team on his shoulders in big games.
Demomen

Now this is the most contentious decision and the most likely to cause debate. but here goes:
  1. nignig - nignig's name was mostly legend to those who never played against him during the nGRi/F6i era, but it was no fluke when he was named demoman of the year 2009. Was the first demo to really use primaries effectively.
  2. yuki - a champion of the class with ridiculous damage output, but who I have rarely seen overextend. What's more impressive is how good he is as soldier and scout.
  3. nerfed - even though the dogz lineup was phenomenal, they always lacked something when nerfed wasn't playing. Out of all the demos I've played against, he was always the tightest and I always thought that he was the smartest.
  4. prime - has probably done more damage as demoman than nearly anyone else, ever. Even if he strays a little too far forward, he's still fucking hard to kill. The hardest demo I've found to kill by bombing like a retard.
  5. fluid - if you didn't play/watch in nGRi, you won't know how good fluid was. He was the most effective user of stickies up until that point. His consistency was the hardest thing about playing against him. Mopped off scouts damage amazingly well.
Special mentions:
  • moz - played in both BEASTIN and spade at their prime and could hold his own against most players. Tended to be found out of position on occasion, which was the only thing holding him back.
  • Rumpy - a superstar in the early days of TF2 right up until he ended his competitive tenure with spade. Was good at demo when no-one was really good at demo.
  • Boomser - probably not that well known a fact is that Boomser was the dogz demo for a while there during that competition rec hosted. Was really good considering his lack of hours gameplay.
  • Happychef - if he had managed to string more than three weeks of TF2 together at a time, he may have topped this list. The guy was a monster and played in all of the top teams except pretty much ysw.
Medic

1. Bowt - just a fantastic medic. I used to watch his games and couldn't believe how cool he would be even under pressure. Had the tough job of answering to nesk and trying to justify why there wasn't a dispenser setup. The hardest medic to kill aswell.
  2. sole - had big reigns to fill after bowt moved on and did it well. Was core medic during the days when they had the toughest competition. He used to get so stressed on vent.
  3. bonobo - not bad for some shit kicker starting off in a clan called "we all play spy". Not surprisingly, he was a terrible spy, but then turned into a fantastic medic. Helped take -A-/iM to the next level after amd left. iM would not be as dominant without him.
  4. pvh - the only double on the list, but the guy is a superstar. Keeps a cool head and shares heals really well. The main thing is his ability to constantly maintain good positioning.
  5. crunch - had the unenviable position of having to heal yukari (hehe jk bud). Was medic for fray as they entered their competitive phase and took out the "best medic" award for CSM2.
Special mentions:
  • Gutz - another YSW player who would've been in the top 5 if I was doing a "best ever TF2 players" list. To manage heals and nomey's ego at the same time is no mean feat.
  • Aze - can't include a kiwi in the top 5 now can we?

It's a little harder with medic because it's more about how you gel with the team, but these are the guys I'd want on my team.

Sniper
  1. Vision - it had to be this guy. When the dogz chose to run one sniper on badlands rollout, it was because vision would get at the very least, two frags. The most infuriating player when you were an enemy medic. Countless ubers were dropped because of him.
  2. Amril - is so good that bowt originally thought he was hacking. Another sniper who you could always bank on killing your medic.
  3. shenkz - This dude had the most ridiculous upclose headshots on scouts. Plenty of rage in beastin vent when we played spade and he was sniping.
  4. sheep - if he didn't go to lan, I still wouldn't believe he was legit
  5. oxide - our viaduct strat is based around this guy killing everything he sees and that's what he does.
Special mentions:
  • sF - never got to play against him myself, but from watching him in STV, the guy was a beast. When he went sniper, people died, simple.
Last edited by siege; 19-04-2011 at 23:12.
73% of the population were involved in some form of recall stabilisation program, to compensate for unquantifiable consciousness anomalies. Unlike most people, he knew exactly where he'd find the answers.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:40
Western Australia
28 Years Old
4,319 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
iMseekerintel seeker is offline aka Seeker
first
Old 19-04-2011, 19:43
New South Wales
759 Posts
Steam Profile
graciehunter graciehunter is offline aka hj, lolb0t, iOnlyPlayInfected
/staying out of this
Old 19-04-2011, 19:43
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
holy shit i forgot giraffe as demoman SORRY, giraffe was fucking good. him and blue carried nsf the entire time
73% of the population were involved in some form of recall stabilisation program, to compensate for unquantifiable consciousness anomalies. Unlike most people, he knew exactly where he'd find the answers.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:45
Australia
5,695 Posts
Steam Profile
b/cactuar cactuar is offline aka cactuar., cactuaR, seRious, CaCtUaR
Banned
bluebaggerz/jin. cant say i played many of these players in their prime, but i remember ngri games and bluebaggerz was a complete beast

and gore should be number 2 scout
Last edited by cactuar; 19-04-2011 at 19:49.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:48
Australia
104 Posts
Steam Profile
Gruntleberry jr. The reason why turbine isn't played in ozf matches.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:48
Australia
150 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuar View Post
bluebaggerz
Old 19-04-2011, 19:49
Australia
2,987 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
go!Cole Cole is offline aka geomanis
League Admin
What about those great spies, RandomStatement, Poom, sF, Chriskrieg etc.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:49
Australia
1,046 Posts
Alienware winnerQUACK!Steam Profile
jkPAUL GEORGE PAUL GEORGE is offline aka hellscream, her0in, pookie, uzice, Minzy
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by token lagger View Post
Gruntleberry jr. The reason why turbine isn't played in ozf matches.
ROFL
Old 19-04-2011, 19:53
Australia
1,012 Posts
Steam Profile
jkfanto fanto is offline aka mith, khako, fanto, ayo, teddy
hellscream for best all classer
Old 19-04-2011, 19:54
Australia
1,046 Posts
Alienware winnerQUACK!Steam Profile
jkPAUL GEORGE PAUL GEORGE is offline aka hellscream, her0in, pookie, uzice, Minzy
Banned
fanto for best goblin
Old 19-04-2011, 19:54
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomanis View Post
What about those great spies, RandomStatement, Poom, sF, Chriskrieg etc.
chris doesn't deserve to have his name in the same sentence as poom and sf.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:55
New South Wales
759 Posts
Steam Profile
apr sjb best soulja

fail list
Old 19-04-2011, 19:57
Australia
2,987 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
League Admin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gxLtvWJtY

4:16

Just my opinion, but chris has almost always delivered when playing spy for our team much to the chagrin of other teams, such as your own.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:59
Australia
463 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
chris doesn't deserve to have his name in the same sentence as poom and sf.
ILL FUCKING NECK YA CUNT

PS: i dont think ive ever not got the med pick against any team you have ever been in siege bud. Um4DcuzUb4d
Old 19-04-2011, 20:00
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
hahah, so predictable. i'd like to see him do that on a map people expect it, like gravelpit.
Old 19-04-2011, 20:00
Australia
2,122 Posts
QUACK!Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
iMsnowblindintel snowblind is offline aka snowblind, snow
Past/Current All-Australian
Quote:
Originally Posted by C h r i s View Post
ILL FUCKING NECK YA CUNT

PS: i dont think ive ever not got the med pick against any team you have ever been in siege bud. Um4DcuzUb4d
just wow
Old 19-04-2011, 20:01
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by C h r i s View Post
ILL FUCKING NECK YA CUNT

I also haven't been stuck in div2 teams for 5 seasons
Old 19-04-2011, 20:02
Australia
2,987 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
League Admin
team*
Old 19-04-2011, 20:03
New South Wales
759 Posts
Steam Profile
tommy was up there wasnt he
Last edited by graciehunter; 20-04-2011 at 06:28.
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
thanks for futher proving my point
Australia
10,729 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciehunter View Post
tommy was up there wasnt he
i think he sacrificed too much aim for movement, but he was good.
Old 19-04-2011, 20:04
Australia
4,498 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
ozfortressferelah ferelah is offline aka Feresar
League Admin
incase you guys didnt realise, there is no spy section and this was sieges opinion, post your opinions and fuck off
Old 19-04-2011, 20:05
Australia
28 Years Old
545 Posts
Steam Profile
Supported Lag Relief '09
sF probably deserves a mention under scout as well. He was a damn pain back in ngri days and was a beast on util (spy/sniper). Tommy was also solid as scout back in the day. The spade, maddogz and ysw scout pairs were always to be feared pretty much...maybe I just found them annoying because I was terrible demo and couldn't kill scouts :P
Old 19-04-2011, 20:07
Australia
29 Years Old
3,061 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Badministrator
Although there are a plethora of amazing scouts mentioned I'm surprised at the lack of Antwa
Old 19-04-2011, 20:07
Australia
22 Years Old
613 Posts
QUACK!Team Blue VeteranAttended ozfLANSteam Profile
«buddah buddah is offline aka B U D D A`
nominate "siege" for best engi award
Old 19-04-2011, 20:10
Australia
2,987 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
League Admin
Whats the point siege? Are you saying that it's wrong to stick with a team of friends that you've known for a long time? I guess that's why mark wahlberg died hey?

It's my own opinion that chris is a good spy, and i clearly indicated that, shame on you for needlessly attacking it because you think otherwise. Anyway, don't really want to argue further, let it drop buddy.
Old 19-04-2011, 20:10
Australia
1,087 Posts
Steam Profile
I recently discussed who was best sniper in Aus with vamp.

I had same top3 as you Siege, vamp put himself at 3, above shenks..

cool story bro.
Old 19-04-2011, 20:12
Perth
29 Years Old
1,517 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
c1.paean paean is offline aka Smiley.Town, smileytown
Super Moderator
sims should be in the scout list
g1raffe for best demo imo
Old 19-04-2011, 20:12
Sydney