?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:56
Australia
1,059 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
«spitty spitty is offline aka Spitty
admins will always have faults and be bitchy/talk about other admins/players ... just look at the demographic of this website and then think about the mass of socially retarded nerds... they have put time into becoming the leaders/organizers of these people... (ROFL)

Didn't have to look to far to find an example. Doesn't fere have an actual social defect?

#learn to respect the free service and follow the rules ... just stop the pug explain why to everyone that you need to do what you are doing ( fere being a social retard) and move on.
Last edited by spitty; 10-02-2013 at 13:00.
Old 10-02-2013, 13:46
Australia
877 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Administrator
ouch
Old 10-02-2013, 14:26
Melbourne
620 Posts
Steam Profile
c1.DisturbedNS DisturbedNS is offline aka Disturbed87, Basic
sick burrrrrrrns
i love you spitty
Old 10-02-2013, 14:37
Melbourne
27 Years Old
4,300 Posts
Steam Profile
Uther Doul Uther Doul is offline aka Laveidem, lavender, lav, meatball, Extreme Boyheat, Tamerlane
Supported Lag Relief '09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paymh View Post
Did you not read my post at all. It is black and white.

Classic, great logic here.
Old 10-02-2013, 15:29
Sydney
23 Years Old
668 Posts
Soldier medalSteam Profile
Ian Smith &Nano Nano is offline aka Nano2e
This is a one sided arguement, your judgement is purely based on theoretical reaction opposed to personal opinion.

Both sides broke a rule, it is irresponsible for someone to change an rcon password as stated in your rules but it is also irresponsible for anyone with an administrative position to attack a member of the community.

Paymh has every right as much as you and other members of this community to make a complaint, show his side of the story or defend himself from abuse.

Quote:
#learn to respect the free service and follow the rules ... just stop the pug explain why to everyone that you need to do what you are doing ( fere being a social retard) and move on.
If you're going to tell someone to do something ethical, you should look at your own mistakes and favouritism.

http://pastebin.com/G97RQrCe
Old 10-02-2013, 15:39
Australia
31 Years Old
8,684 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Retired administrator
I thought everyone got the stupidity out of their system in the Harbs thread. Can we move along instead if fighting about stupid shit
Old 10-02-2013, 15:50
Australia
21 Years Old
537 Posts
Steam Profile
Bad NewsPaymh Paymh is online now aka Paymh, Ripper Reed, Ripper, Rr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I thought everyone got the stupidity out of their system in the Harbs thread. Can we move along instead if fighting about stupid shit
Nothing is moving along until an outcome that isn't massively biased is reached. A ban from ozfortress servers for protecting myself from abuse is largely unfair and biased. I find it hard to believe something such as changing an rcon password to protect myself warrants a ban, especially when it would take all that of 5 seconds to change it back; and if the case is that it breaks the booking system, something should be done to fix this.

I understand if some troll books a server and for absolute no reason changes the rcon password for pure entertainment, then fair enough but it should be a case to case judgement.
Old 10-02-2013, 15:54
Melbourne
27 Years Old
4,300 Posts
Steam Profile
Uther Doul Uther Doul is offline aka Laveidem, lavender, lav, meatball, Extreme Boyheat, Tamerlane
Supported Lag Relief '09
Quote:
A ban from ozfortress servers for protecting myself from abuse is largely unfair and biased.
as opposed to doing the right thing and reporting the admin for being an idiot
Quote:
and if the case is that it breaks the booking system, something should be done to fix this.
there's already something in place to not break the system, it's called not changing the RCON password
Old 10-02-2013, 16:07
Australia
31 Years Old
8,684 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Retired administrator
I don't think any thing is biased. The person who banned you(bladez) doesn't even know who you are. He just banned you for violating basically the only rule we ask you to obey when you book a free ozfortreess server. He can implement a solution but I don't think he needs to.

Yah feresar was an idiot but all you had to do was join #ozf-help and say what was happening. You didn't even need to gather evidence logs etc
Old 10-02-2013, 16:19
Australia
21 Years Old
537 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
I don't think any thing is biased. The person who banned you(bladez) doesn't even know who you are. He just banned you for violating basically the only rule we ask you to obey when you book a free ozfortreess server. He can implement a solution but I don't think he needs to.

Yah feresar was an idiot but all you had to do was join #ozf-help and say what was happening. You didn't even need to gather evidence logs etc
I can understand that, but as I stated above it should be case by case, I was being abused and at the time wasn't aware of the 'correct procedure' to deal with an idiot abusing admin rights. Heck maybe if I had been warned previously for a similar offence then it would warrant a ban, but I had no to my knowledge and feel the punishment unsuitable for a first time 'offence'. Hell I didn't even book the server.

I didn't come to argue, all I ask is for a fairer outcome.
Old 10-02-2013, 16:21
Australia
31 Years Old
8,684 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Retired administrator
I think the point I'm trying to make is
There is no excuse to changing rcon at all. Even if every admin comes in and hurls the most foul insults directed at your mother, you are not permitted to change the rcon password. Report the issue and move on.

If you understand this I'm sure the ban can be removed.
Last edited by baf; 10-02-2013 at 16:22.
Old 10-02-2013, 16:29
Australia
21 Years Old
537 Posts
Steam Profile
Quote:
I think the point I'm trying to make is
There is no excuse to changing rcon at all. Even if every admin comes in and hurls the most foul insults directed at your mother, you are not permitted to change the rcon password. Report the issue and move on.

If you understand this I'm sure the ban can be removed.
Yeah by no means am I saying changing the rcon is something I should have done and I understand that. I feel some changes could be made, simply just state what the punishment is for changing the rcon, and the correct procedure of reporting an admin would be, such as where and how to go about doing that; this would hopefully prevent other users from repeating was has been done.

I think this thread/argument has wasted enough of our time and just hope bladezz can find it in his (big) heart to forgive me.
Old 10-02-2013, 16:51
Australia
1,059 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
«spitty spitty is offline aka Spitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
If you're going to tell someone to do something ethical, you should look at your own mistakes and favouritism.

http://pastebin.com/G97RQrCe
I got some logs on my steam page... if you really want to start the mud sling contest, I feel I can provide more examples of why I have "favouritism" over a filth of a human being.

Old 10-02-2013, 17:49
Australia
877 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Administrator
over a filth of a human being

far out that quote on your steam page is pretty stupid
Old 10-02-2013, 19:53
Adelaide
28 Years Old
4,508 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
wpTomSawyer TomSawyer is offline aka Big_Dave
Retired League Admin
I've had a lot of beer and what is this.
Old 10-02-2013, 20:04
Australia
877 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Administrator
hahaha
Old 10-02-2013, 22:39
Australia
1,743 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
fanatical.bvz fanatical is offline aka Sigmae, zire, Dyse, zxcv
ROFL i love this site
Old 11-02-2013, 13:32
Australia
223 Posts
Steam Profile
To stop users from changing the rcon password, couldn't you just register the server command rcon_password and return plugin_handled (or potentially have a whitelist of users that can change it, and then let them change it)? :X
Don't know how this'd affect the booking of servers though >_>
Old 11-02-2013, 14:22
Canberra
33 Years Old
13,390 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Simpler to ban assholes who think its funny.
Old 11-02-2013, 15:27
Australia
1,849 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
iPGN Overlord
At the request of other admins, paymh has been unbanned. As mentioned in the first post however, let this be a warning to anyone else who changes the RCON password.
Old 11-02-2013, 16:03
Australia
31 Years Old
8,684 Posts
QUACK!
MentorSteam Profile
Retired administrator
its a chinese newyear miracle!