?

Old 22-02-2012, 16:50
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum
What are the basics of pushing this point in an equal uber situation?

My team has huge issues with pushing gran last to the point where it loses us games, and I was wondering if somebody could give us a run down of it - where we should be positioning ourselves especially.

Much appreciated.
Last edited by hatchet; 22-02-2012 at 16:52.
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf
i was helping some div3 team last season and they had the same problem. this is what i sent them. not sure if it will apply to you but read it anyway
--------
when you attack last, this point is all about 2 thing in my opinion

1)you want you uber to stay active as long as possible, give your soldiers only a flick of uber. get one to jump into them and force them into a corner and get the other in a safer position(either of the pipes is fine) or try jump into any stray players who cant get saved by their uber. your demo should get the rest of the uber and just focus on pinning them in a corner and staying alive with your medic

2)your scouts HAVE to stay alive. this point is so open, it was built for scouts. if your scouts die before uber is over then theyre doing something wrong. once the uber is over, they want to focus on killing off any stray players who arnt pinned in the corner. they have to work together and with any soldiers who are still alive. if your medic is still alive, they should be playing off heals and just trying to out damage the enemy without over extending themselves. they are so much better at getting kills than soldiers are on this point.
--------
Last edited by hatchet; 22-02-2012 at 16:55.
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy
The team that consolidates and reattacks as a unit post ubers better will usually win the fight.
secondary and scouts can almost afford to do nothing for 15 seconds before making their impact on the fight.

Scouts dying before uber for either the offense or defense is really bad. Consequently if you just use your uber to pop theirs and kill their scouts its actually really good. and you will win the repush (obviously this cant be premediated, uber can only do what if can given whos out of position for the defence)
Old 22-02-2012, 16:51
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feresar
Gotta find out where you are going wrong first IF you are pushing properly. Is this happening:
  • uber forced really early ?
  • their uber not being forced at all or too late ?
  • players dieing during the uber ?
  • no calls on damaged or out of position targets ?
  • heavies not ending safe after uber fade ?
If you find that the above isnt the main issue, then look at other reasons because it could just simply be your deathmatch isnt good enough yet.

What can you do to offset this? Look at other advantages you can get such as:
  • uber: suiciding 2-4 players to force a pop or medic death, also look to pick the demo once med is taken care of since he is also a very important target
  • player: if you lost a player during a 4th cp capture or suicided but didnt achieve anything then you can swap a player for a util and try picking some players
Old 22-02-2012, 17:10
Australia
25 Years Old
5,348 Posts
QUACK!
Past/Current All-AustralianMentorSteam Profile
yuki.au yuki is offline aka Yuki
Past/Current All-Australian
I'll make it really simple.

-Single uber (soldier mostly) force uber, try get as much damage into as many players as possible
-demo is meanwhile laying down damage from afar, avoiding taking damage so he doesnt need tick of uber
-forcing multi is great but NOT required
-assuming no one dies, push with even players or IDEALLY 1-2 player adv after the exchange
-if players are lost, rinse and repeat, otherwise win.

You won't "pin a team in a corner" that has half a brain with a "mostly demo uber, tick soldiers" - if you uber too early AND give multi ticks, you have 4 secs of uber left by the time they counter. Especially if they multi, they will KILL all of your unubered, out of position players and you will lose the fight and PROBABLY lose second.

Suiciding for uber barely works these days - teams know how to shit on it (well SHOULD) or they just sit far back enough that you can just walk out uncontested and not have to pop uber for ages, vroooooooooooooooooooooooom
Last edited by yuki; 22-02-2012 at 17:14.