?

Old 2-09-2014, 17:52
Australia
31 Years Old
6,274 Posts
Steam Profile
Spec does that money goto his family or beyond blue?
Old 2-09-2014, 18:01
Australia
32 Years Old
11,695 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
That is going to beyond blue, which was my intention.

If people want to donate to family they will have to get in contact with Deathlord.
Old 2-09-2014, 18:07
Australia
31 Years Old
6,274 Posts
Steam Profile
Yeah nps, just wasn't sure how it works
Old 2-09-2014, 18:45
Victoria
1 Posts
So I knew Shayne (Layzie) IRL just like Deathlord. In fact I am friends with, and know Deathlord IRL as well. Those that know me in real life know me as Matt

We had all been friends threw high school and out of for some time

Over a long period of time me and Shayne's friendship fell apart and one misunderstanding meant a falling out between us that was never resolved some years back.

Now I will never be able to resolve it Shayne!...

So I write this..

Shayne,I should have done what was right, but I didn't. Now I'm paying the price for that.

I remember the times we used to spend over at your place, just the two of us. When we were really tight. When we used to play Warcraft 3, and C&C Generals!....You and your shitty no attack for 10 minute rule bullshit! lol..

The good memory's far out way the bad. And I guess that's the best thing I can take out of this hole thing. The last part of our history may not have been our brightest. But the time we had together was a bloody great time!

I miss you mate.
Last edited by OnlyForOnePost; 2-09-2014 at 21:50.
Old 2-09-2014, 20:03
Australia
30 Years Old
4,571 Posts
fragr. fragr. is offline aka FragRelb, fragrelb.
Extremely sad to come across this news.. Depression and other mental illnesses really are that, an illness. Speaking from experience, it's not easily treatable and there is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to the human mind.

I guess it's a bit of a shock in that as close as I feel we were and the personal things we did talk about, unfortunately his struggle was never a topic...Who knows if I or anyone of us could help in any way, but fuck knows I would give it my best shot.

Quantum, It may sound a little lame and I don't give a shit, but I had a solid 5 minute silence on top of the snow slops today in your honour, reminiscing the better times.

RIP mate, condolences to your family and closest friends, and your little girl.
Old 2-09-2014, 23:21
Auckland
793 Posts
Steam Profile
Man just found out today, this hit home hard.. Shayne and I always had the best time, be it trolling everyone or trolling the shit out of each other.. I had just talked to him in recent months about going to visit and actually sink some beers with him finally. We shared a lot of shit together over the years and fuck we had some ABSOLUTELY MONUMENTAL MOMENTS (You cats know who you are).. HC GET THE FUCK OFF THE BATTLEMENTS YOU SPASTIC FUCK, FUCK HC 15MINUTES LATE CUNT; Christ the arsenal of quotes at Shaynes disposal was hilarious and the only way I can think of honouring him is remembering all the great moments I shared with him, Rest in peace brother from another mother i'll see you on the fucking battlements.
Old 3-09-2014, 12:21
Australia
32 Years Old
11,695 Posts
QUACK!Steam Profile
Columnist
Thanks for all the donations so far guys
Old 3-09-2014, 15:30
Sydney
29 Years Old
2,566 Posts
Steam Profile
Acey Acey is offline aka Aceyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
That's so sad. Thank you for letting us know.

This is a big reminder to people that words make a big impact to someone, when you least expect it.

If you've not talked to your mate or friends recently, send them a message and ask how they are.

It makes the world of difference to some people.

RIP quantum. The struggle is over mate.
I didn't really speak to Shayne the years I was active in this community throughout high school but he had such a big impact that when I do think about the old TFC days, he's name would be at the top of list.

Glad I played 1 game with him this year which was the only game JABS won this season, was because of him.

Rest in Paradise Quantum.

Also, thanks for this post Apoc. You just reminded me a mate from my old work place messaged me a few weeks ago saying that we should catch up and that he feels like he needs to chat to a friend.

I just messaged message him and he replied that he's currently feeling very down and really needs to speak to someone and if we could catch up today.
Old 3-09-2014, 15:55
Sydney
28 Years Old
5,560 Posts
Steam Profile
good man acey
Old 3-09-2014, 18:22
New Zealand
796 Posts
]{ERMIT ]{ERMIT is offline aka Shamuss
This is just awful news.
My sincerest condolences to you Deathlord as well as Shayne's family.

Quantum and I always had a competitive rivalry. We always used to be at each others throats constantly. But it was never hard to see through his tough exterior to see what an amazing guy he was.

We chatted a lot recently and we had nothing but positive things to say to each other.
Complimenting me on my tfc playing and map making. I enjoyed hearing stories about what he had been up to and how much he had grown as a person over the past 10 years.

He had the ability to crush people with his words when being competitive, but also had the ability to make them feel so good about what they were doing and who they were.

I wish I had talked to you one last time, so that I might have done the same and let you know everything's gonna be alright.
Having suffered from depression and mental illness my entire life. I know what it's like to feel like there is no other way out.

I hope you are in a better place my friend. I hope you are not afraid anymore. I hope the sun is shining on your face and you are surrounded by those that you love.

Rest in peace Shayne / Quantum

- ]{ERMIT
Last edited by ]{ERMIT; 3-09-2014 at 18:23.
Old 3-09-2014, 20:57
Australia
31 Years Old
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I didn't really speak to Shayne the years I was active in this community throughout high school but he had such a big impact that when I do think about the old TFC days, he's name would be at the top of list.

Glad I played 1 game with him this year which was the only game JABS won this season, was because of him.

Rest in Paradise Quantum.

Also, thanks for this post Apoc. You just reminded me a mate from my old work place messaged me a few weeks ago saying that we should catch up and that he feels like he needs to chat to a friend.

I just messaged message him and he replied that he's currently feeling very down and really needs to speak to someone and if we could catch up today.
Nice one Acey!! It may be only a little out of your way, but to your mate I am sure it means the world. It doesn't take much - just the offer itself makes someone feel validated and worthwhile.
Old 4-09-2014, 11:42
Australia
31 Years Old
92 Posts
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on here for a few days just been backwards and forwards to Shayne's house daily trying to help his family out.

The fund for Shayne's funeral can be donated to via: https://www.facebook.com/shayne.williams.1987?ref=hl

These funds go into an account that go directly towards the funeral costs and any remaining money that's left over will be put into a trust account for Jordan Chloe Williams, Shayne's seven year old daughter.

I'm yet to read through most of the replies on this third page, I just thought I'd shoot this through before I did anything else just in case people would rather donate directly to the family.

Thanks for your efforts with the beyondblue donations also guys, it shows how dedicated people are Depression is a killer, it really is.
Old 4-09-2014, 14:48
Australia
30 Years Old
4,571 Posts
wow I just had a look @ his FB page..layzie looks alot different to how I pictured him..

the picture of him and his daughter is indeed a tear jerker
Old 4-09-2014, 15:14
Australia
30 Years Old
718 Posts
Steam Profile
I had some very fun days and memories with old Layzie, Trick and Deathy back in xC. Remember being their HPB engi for a long time.

Very sad news indeed - thoughts with his family and friends.

I have family and close friends who have battled with depression. It's very hard as a person without depression to understand what goes through the minds of people with depression and how harmful it can be on a daily basis. Apoc summed it up - support and constant communication is key to help friends overcome such an illness.
Old 5-09-2014, 23:43
Australia
30 Years Old
4,571 Posts
Holy shit, was layzie a veteran?!?! my friend on facebook just liked a post from the group 'Soldier on - helping our wounded warriors' which has a direct link and support page for layzie/shayne?!?!

edit: just confirmed that yes he is a vet. awesome to see more support for shayne
Last edited by fragr.; 5-09-2014 at 23:53. Reason: because
Attachments:
Click image for larger version

Name:	layzie.png
Views:	131
Size:	605.0 KB
ID:	17505  
Old 6-09-2014, 18:10
Australia
620 Posts
Sorry for your loss Deathlord and sincerest condolences for you, family and friends.

My heart dropped when I saw this, he was such a great guy and seeing pictures of him above looking happy seems he had it all.

Don't think i had any complications with either of you Deathlord or Shayne / Quantum when you guys entered the scene. Funnily enough shit got pretty serious between yourselves, my brother Michael (TFC nick Barney) and Christian (TFC nick Slim), think you guys wanted to settle something at a train station one time lol?

I lost a friend 5 years ago, Slim's brother Nathan (TFC nick Nay_Nay) due to epilepsy, its fucked the way life is sometimes. Be strong and support one another like you have been.

R.I.P Shayne
Last edited by BeanBag; 6-09-2014 at 21:05.
Old 7-09-2014, 12:26
Australia
877 Posts
QUACK!
Steam Profile
Administrator
really sad about this news

a true friend and long time community member.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:50
Australia
31 Years Old
92 Posts
Just letting you guys know that Shayne's funeral was yesterday at 1:00 PM (Melbourne time). Went pretty well. We tried to organise a group to come and perform the Haka for him, couldn't do that. So we got probably this years biggest thunderstorm, downpour & light show as the ceremony ended. So pretty happy with that I guess.

Thanks for all of the messages & donations, he loved you guys just as much as he loved his friends in real life. Speaking from experience, we both played games for as long as each other. Mostly the same games, and I feel the same way about you blokes.

Thanks again, see you guys later.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:10
Sydney
30 Years Old
2,644 Posts
Steam Profile
https://www.ruok.org.au/
Old 19-09-2014, 22:25
Australia
28 Years Old
28 Posts
Steam Profile
ikoN420 ikoN420 is offline aka ikoNske
RIP
Old 21-09-2014, 15:20
Auckland
28 Years Old
1,704 Posts
Steam Profile
I'm very sorry to hear about this terrible loss. Had many words to one another and I enjoyed his competitive spirit. RIP
Old 6-10-2014, 00:04
Australia
31 Years Old
433 Posts
Steam Profile
Just logged in randomly after being absent for a while. Huge shock though. Sorry for your loss, DL, but thanks for the information.

I didn't get to know Shayne until a bit before SFA and then e`ject. He always had a soft spot for me and would take me under his wing. His movement as a medic was utterly amazing. He was constantly funny to talk to and he was a guy who'd always have your back; regardless of what he was going through.

Condolences to his close friends, Jordan, and family.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:50
Northern Territory
27 Years Old
20 Posts
Devastating news, I used to love his videos got me so pumped to play more TFC. I think he used Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony in one of them (I can't seem to find it anymore).

RIP Layzie.
Old 26-10-2014, 10:20
Australia
31 Years Old
2,274 Posts
Steam Profile
I saw this just now. Fucken shattered. Was always good for a laugh, and definitely made TFC more fun for those lucky enough to play with him.

RIP champion.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to chuck in to the paypal fund?
Old 15-11-2014, 01:02
Melbourne
1 Posts
Thanks Ivan, and everyone else, for this thread. Shayne's Mother and I found this forum after googling his name and the comments have helped to reinforce our opinion of how special Shayne was. Your kind donations have helped and we can't thank you all enough. Matt, our hearts go out to you but just remember that you were Shayne's friend and it's always a two-way street. Shayne could have made contact with you as well so don't be hard on yourself. No-one realised this was coming. Shayne loved all his mates and you shared a lot of time with him. We'll be seeing Ivan but to everyone else who we don't know and who have made up such an important part of his life, thank you for contributing to his quality of life. I know TFC was a great part of his enjoyment and we are so happy he had so many friends online as well as in real life. We miss him so much and we still can't believe this has happened but it's comforting to know that you miss him as well. Thank you all again.
Old 23-11-2014, 21:30
Perth
1 Posts
I googled oz fortress this afternoon to reminisce about the good old days when I was 14 playing TFC and was shocked to hear the news about Shayne.

I was in a few clans with Shayne back in the day, UNISON probably being the main one (although most of these clans never lasted more than a few months...). I have fond memories of him always complaining about his awful frame rate in TFC and also trying to get me to listen to Bone Thugs despite my opposition to rap music.

Although I never met Shayne, I spent many nights speaking to him on IRC and playing clan wars with him and can't deny his influence in such an integral part of my life.

Rest in peace

Nic.
Old 24-11-2014, 01:57
Melbourne
5 Posts
Hi,

b3z alerted me to the news of Shayne's passing. I can only remember him kicking my arse regularly in pubs and flaming me. I in turn would flame him back, usually sounding equally as juvenile. But those were the days. I played TFC since the age of 12 until I was almost 18. They were my teenage years. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Some people would say that is sad and that I wasted my early youth. I disagree. I will happily donate to beyondblue.com.au. I used TFC as an escape but also a sanctuary as I battled/and still battle mental illness. I met some great people online. The community was like a family. Families are full of love-hate relationships. I could have sworn he hated me, but I bet he secretly loved when I joined the same server as him.

Let it be a gentle reminder to everyone the fragility of the mind. Remember that even though we are faceless behind our pseudonyms, we can impact each other's lives in many ways. Our sadness of his passing is testament to that.

RIP.

[-XT-] BomBeR
Old 3-01-2015, 18:25
Australia
31 Years Old
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutsik View Post
Devastating news, I used to love his videos got me so pumped to play more TFC. I think he used Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony in one of them (I can't seem to find it anymore).

RIP Layzie.
i'd be super interested in seeing this video, Cutsik. Crossroads was played at his funeral, first song played..

in one of our drunken conversations years back, he told me he wanted that track played at his funeral

was always one of our favourite tracks, and still is

i've actually been trying to get BTNH to sign a single of Tha Crossroads for his family, but have had little success ;(

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBon...52687545823958

that's the link, 14,080 people reached, hundreds of likes across the board and still nothing from them ;(

if anybody else has this video of Shayne playing TFC with crossroads playing in the background plz let me know!
Old 9-01-2015, 16:27
Australia
29 Years Old
2,647 Posts
Steam Profile
Still thinking of ya buddy, I think you'll always be eternally apart of this community. Forever young, and forever fkn pwnage at TFC. rip m8
Old 27-01-2015, 15:00
Australia
32 Years Old
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlord View Post
if anybody else has this video of Shayne playing TFC with crossroads playing in the background plz let me know!
the only tfc vid I know for sure that has this song is frontloaders - mvp

haven't been able to find it in ages though.