Old 28-02-2012, 11:27
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Question Forum
Hey,

As a player for a low level team playing against higher teams, we are constantly getting rolled by teams who run valley against us because we don't know how to efficiently counter it.

Note: we do have one scout under, one scout on bridge, they do call it, we just don't know how to counter effectively.

Any advice that can be given?
Old 28-02-2012, 11:27
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowt
its hard to counter effectively because its a powerful move the soldier/s jumping have high health

hopefully you guys are doing something aggressive towards the other team so they also have to deal with something aggressive

I suggest watching some STV of top teams see how their scouts counter it

if a scout can be on the train when the other teams soldiers jump you can deny them easily but that's difficult to do sometimes because that area is under fire by the enemy teams demoman

maybe have one of your soldiers counter jump them from valley?

maybe if you run house one of your soldiers can try to kill them

maybe your demoman can anticipate it and sticky trap / try to kill them

there is no correct answer its hard to say and the more I play the more I think idk
Old 28-02-2012, 11:28
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy
If your medic and demoman are dying from the intial bombers clip of rockets then they need ot think more about their positioning. Consider valley or mainway rollout paths for the medic as variation will often screw up a super fast gunboats soldiers blind bomb.

If the bombing soldier is sticking around for mroe than 1 second after hes landed applying serious pressure on the reload or allowing his team to take ground and crush you then your scouts need to be dedicating more of their resources to pumping down that soldier fast. Primary soldier will also be dedicating his efforts to dealing with bombing soldiers and flanking scouts and every rocket needs to count so use them slowly ann exactly.

Having your 2ndary and maybe 1 scout go bomb them (ie their medic demo) is a good way to either trade out on the bombs and end up even for a scouts duel mid, or at least hold their support from swarming across the point and pinning you in the corner behnd their bombs.

Sometimes i see teams blame the bombin soldier as the cause of them losing the rollout but really its due to demoman and scout dominance and the flying soldier is just the catalyst for the rest of their team to stomp over you with dm.
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
I dont recommend running main way rollouts
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feresar
i agree, its really slow and you are stuck in that shit choke at corner which is very easily spammable. I find the best way to counter a valley is to go via valley and do your own to force them to react to you and let your scout and pocket/demo deal with the valley. You CANNOT sit passive and let them forward unpressured
Australia
3,183 Posts
Steam Profile
Administrator
Quote:
ya plus you cant be aggressive you are stuck in a shithouse position and the timing is too slow
Old 28-02-2012, 15:39
Australia
2,936 Posts
QUACK!Attended ozfLANSteam Profile
Amazing Member
Get your secondary to bomb into their medic as they walk up the hill onto middle, or jump onto the enemy demomans head. Either way you'll be giving your team a window of opportunity to nut their bomber and recover a bit while your own dies. Demoman is also isolated from medic for a while on those rollouts, so its likely you can get a kill on him if the top scout isn't waiting for you.